Chp 10: Bestowed.

2 years later-

Light POV-

Me and costan were walking towards the center of the kingdom while costan was feeling happy and was whistling to himself.

"your acting quite differently than usual" I commented and he gave me a grin.

"of course, you are going to be promoted to a personal guard of the royal family" he replied and I shook my head even though I was smiling.

We reached the center of the kingdom where a large platform is located and used as a place for announcements and events. The royal family was present there along with the citizens, soldiers and the captain of the guard.

"I cant believe you advanced in rank so quickly" the captain grinned at me" and its only been two years"

"I tried to do my best" I grinned back as he stepped aside to allow me to step up the platform.

The king stood there proudly as I bowed in front of him.

"knight light, in the name of the kingdom and the blessings of zekrom, I hereby announce you as royal guard of the royal family and give you the third highest rank in the kingdom" he announced before gesturing to an attendant behind him.

The attendant stepped forward and held a tray that was covered by a red cloth, the king removed the cloth and under it was a thunder stone and a long sword that had a blue gem on its hilt.

"with the position, I present you with this thunder stone as a way of congratulation for you advancement and this long sword for your services in the near future" he said picking up the thunder stone.

I went on one knee and extended my paws as the king lowered the stone onto them. A bright light ( hehe ) surrounded me as I evolved and when I opened my eyes I was covered in yellow spiky fur and I could feel electricity coursing through my entire body.

Then the king held the sword with both hands and presented it to me, I grabbed the sword by its hilt and raised it in front of everyone. Cheers erupted, claps were heard and everyone voiced their excitement as I put the sword in its scabbard and tied it around my hilt......

Rose POV-

I sat on a branch and looked down at the harp shaped badge in my paw.

"it has already been two years since that incident huh..."

No, nows not the time to feel sad about the past.

I shook my head and with a determined face, jumped down from the tree and headed along a path in the forest that eventually led to a clearing surrounded by trees.

"you're here" the queen said and I gave a half bow towards he. Petalory, the leafeon who trained me after my brothers death put a paw on my shoulder, many leafeons were gathered to witness this event.

"ready for your big day?" she smiled at me and I smirked.

"ready to beat you" I replied and she gave me a smirk.

"we'll see about that" she replied with a chuckle.

"the rules are simple" the queen announced, standing on top of a huge moss covered boulder in the middle of the clearing" until one of the two fighters is knocked out or forfeits, the battle will continue on"

"are you ready?" the queen asked as the two of us took our positions on opposite sides of the clearing.

"ready" the two of us replied at once,