Chp 6: Espeon kingdom.

The sun was shining brightly today as espeons gathered around a large rock in the middle. On top of that rock an espeon with a crown sat on top.

"today, as part of our ancient ceremony we will perform our ritual in honor of the legendary solgaleo of the sun" the espeon announced and then gestured for the angel priestess to step up towards the rock.

"watch and learn, one day you will also perform this" the priestess whispered to her sister, an eevee and walked up the rock. Then she started chanting in a melodic voice as the other espeons and the royal family chanted with her. A ball of purple light came from the gem on the priest's head and flew towards the sun as the chanting grew slower and slower, when the ball of light disappeared out of view. The chanting stopped and the espeons bowed their heads towards the sun. after a while, the ball of light returned, accompanied by a yellow gem that levitated towards the priest.

The priest then proceeded to place the golden gem on top of the ceremonial rock ( imagine a stone alter with a stone bowl in front of it ) and poured a bowl of clean water on it. The stone glowed brightly before the rays of light spread across the lands.

" this is said to bring luck and prosperity to everything the light touches and it Is the reason why our kingdom prospers even through this hard times of war" the king announced before the espeons dispersed and headed towards the kingdom. The priest and the eevee stayed behind since their home was outside the castle and on top of a ridge overlooking the valley.

"im going to go and prepare some potions, you stay safe and come back before sunset, okay?" the espeon said to the eevee before leaving.

" hmm, what to do today?" astrea asked herself as she wandered through the rocky plains. She climbed up a boulder and scanned her surroundings.

Rocks, boulders and more rocks. Nothing that seemed interesting to the eevee, sighing astrea got off the boulder and walked south where a lake was located.

She reached the lake and took a drink of the clean waters before sitting down on a rock beside a bush filled with oran berries. She hummed to herself as she took a bite out of the berry.

rustle

"what was that?" she thought and hid behind a bush. She spotted two eevees padding towards the lake and taking a drink from it. The other eevee grabbed two berried from the bush and threw one towards his companion before taking a bite out of the one in his paw.

"phew, sure am glad there was a lake here. Am I right?" the eevee that was by the lake said.

"yeah, but we're in espeon territory. So we should be careful not to run into any espeons" the one with the blue ear ring replied finishing his berry and getting up.

The two of them then padded away into the distance.

"who were those two?" astrea thought before returning towards her home. She reached the door of her cottage and entered.

"im home" she said before searching for her sister" sister aura, where are you?"

She padded into her sisters workroom and found the espeon unconscious on the floor. Astrea ran towards her sister and shook her.

"sis?!! What happened?" the eevee whimpered as the espeon still didn't wake up.

"m......wa....." the espeon muttered.

"wa?" astrea asked leaning closer to the espeon.

"eight.....souls....must join.....find the relic......that can end the war" the espeon whispered in a trance, before fainting.

"relic? Can end the war? Eight souls?" astrea said, confused at what was happening. She dragged her sister to the bed before heading out towards the kingdom.

She entered the gates before reaching the castle and was confronted by the guards.

"what brings you here? Does the priestess have something to deliver?" one of the guards asked.

"no, my sister was found unconscious in her room and she spoke of a prophecy . I came to tell the king about what she spoke of" astrea replied and the guards immediately let her in.

She stood in front of the throne room where the king, queen and prince sat on their thrones. She bowed in front of them and the king gestured to her to stand up.

"I hear you have a prophecy from the priestess" king Edward said.

"yes, your majesty. My sister spoke of a prophecy as she laid unconscious in her room" astrea replied.

"and what was this prophecy that she spoke of?" queen emery asked.

"she spoke of a relic, something that could end the war that been going on between the eight kingdoms" astrea replied and the throne room went silent.

The king looked deep in thought before finally speaking out.

"and did she say anything about where this relic may be?" the king asked and astrea shook her head.

"no , your majesty. But she did say about eight souls that must join in order to find this relic" astrea added and the king nodded.

"im guessing its referring to the eight kingdoms. You may leave now, I thank you for sharing this information with us" the king said and astrea bowed before leaving the throne room and out of the castle, along her way she was stopped by prince lunarfall.

"do you think this prophecy is true?" the prince asked.

"im not sure, but if its my sister that said it then it must be" astrea replied.

"If there really is a way to end this war that's been going on for thousands of years then I hope these eight souls that was spoken of in your sisters prophecy are able to do it" the prince said before bowing his head and heading back towards the castle.

"I hope so as well" astrea said to herself before heading back home.