Chp 9: Hardships.

Light POV-

We reached land after sailing for three hours and got of the boat.

"now the only thing left is to cross the desert" costan said, looking out into the distance where the temporal desert lay.

I nodded and the two of us walked forward. We trudged through the desert for countless hours while fighting the blazing sun and the heat.

"if we don't reach soon we will die of dehydration" costan said while panting.

This was bad, if this continued we would indeed die in this wasteland. I patted costans back and gave him an encouraging look before turning my attention forward, it would not do me any good if I were to faint.

"just a little more" I assured him and the eevee just gave a small smile. He seemed really tired and so was I, but we could not stop, not after all we've been through.

One step.....two steps......three steps......

I was sweating a lot and the desert seemed endless with no sight of the kingdom.

"I cant go.....any further" costan said breathlessly before he collapsed onto the sand.

"come on, we cant give up now" I told him, lifting him up and putting him on my back.

"just leave me, I'll just be a burden on you" he said and I shook my head.

"im not leaving a friend behind" I replied before resuming the seemingly endless walk. I walked for another hour or so before an image came in front of me.

"are those gates?" I thought and peered closer. Those were gates....the kingdom!

"hang in there costan, we're almost there" I said and continued trudging on. My legs were screaming to rest but I ignored the pain and walked step by step, the gates opened and jolteons rushed towards us but I still walked until I reached the gates of the kingdom. The captain of the knights came in front of us and nodded his head before making way. I stepped into the gates and saw a face that gave me relief.

"you idiot!" ava shouted, rushing to give me a hug" I thought you were dead!"

I put down costan on the ground and hugged her back.

"yet here I am" I smiled and she looked up from my shoulder as the two of our eyes met. She smiled with tears in her eyes.

"yet here you are" she replied.

The captain approached us and looked at costan before telling his soldiers to send him to the medical apartment.

"you two have shown your determination in full" the captain smiled at me. I broke away from the hug with ava and looked at him.

"what about the others?" I asked and the jolteon gave a small shake. My ears dropped, no one else made it?

"how? Did someth..." I said and he held up his paw, I immediately stopped talking.

" we only need to know that it was their choice to take on his challenge" the captain replied before handing me a set of armor" come, lets begin your training shall we?"

I nodded and followed him.

Rose POV-

I stood alongside many leafeons as we gathered around a wooden coffin with a harp engraved on its surface, the queen stepped up in front of everyone and began her speech.

"we are here to honor the death of our beloved general" the queen said" blade had been the most loyal subject of our kingdom and had always devoted himself in protecting the leafeons in it. Now that he has passed away, it is our duty to see that his death was not in vain. Three years from now, we will invade the flareon kingdom to rescue our captured brethren and make sure that none of them are left behind"

The leafeons cheered in response. I just silently stood there, staring at the coffin while thinking to myself.

"would blade really want this?" he hated fighting and wars since it always brought pain and suffering.

The queen then turned towards the coffin and placed a green flower on it.

"may the forest bloom with your soul" the queen said.

"may the forest bloom with your soul" the others said after her. Then the queen nodded to the two leafeons standing on each side of the coffin and they started lowering the coffin into the ground before covering it with soil. After the burial ceremony was finished, all of them headed back to the kingdom to prepare for the invasion of the flareon kingdom.

I stayed behind to have a last look at my brothers grave before heading to my tree, a place I stayed at when I felt sad or depressed. Once there, I climbed the tree and picked the equipment of my brother that was hidden in a hole on one of the branches.

"This was my brothers request when the flareon killed him at that moment" I said to myself and then I remembered the eevee.

He saw me and yet instead of alerting his companions he just put a paw on his lips and walked back.

"whoever he was, I hope to meet him again" I thought and put on the cloak, badge and daggers before descending from the tree.

"looking good" a voice commented and I immediately turned behind me to notice leafeon smiling at me.

"who are you?" I asked her. She walked over to me and patted my head.

" im someone who loved your brother" she said with a sad smile.

"oh...im so sorry" I began but she just put a paw on my nuzzle.

"its okay, I know your also sad about his death. Anyways the reason im here is to talk about you" she said.

"about me?" I asked, tilting my head in confusion.

"yes, if your thinking about getting revenge for your brother. Then im here to say that it's a bad idea" she replied.

"I know" I dropped my head" my brother said that revenge doesn't solve anything"

"but this is a different matter" she smiled and I looked up, confused at what she meant" you are far too weak to even think of seeking revenge right now"

"then what should I do?" I asked her desperately.

"I will train you" she answered. I felt something spark in my heart and it made me want to take on the world.

"so, what do you say?" she said smiling.

"do you even have to ask?" I smiled back and stood up. She laughed and the two of us walked down the hill while discussing about our training.