Chapter 40 - Another Grimm Wedding

Start from the beginning

"We've decided to postpone our wedding," Rosalee said, causing you to break out of your thoughts.

"What? Why?" you asked in shock.

"(Y/N). Come on, you and Sean need to relax and not have to worry about a wedding," Monroe said.

You shook your head, "No. You are not postponing your wedding on our account."

"I agree," said Sean. "Don't change your plans because of us."

"We just understand that you still need to take it easy for a while and we just don't want it to stress you out, especially since we asked you to be the officiant," Rosalee replied.

"I know someone who can officiate your wedding," Bud says from behind you four. You all turned to look at him. "She's great. Do you want me to call her and see if she is free?"

Monroe shrugs, "Sure!" He turns to Rosalee, "What do you think?"

Rosalee nods, "Okay. But would you be willing to fulfill a different role?"

"What did you have in mind?" Sean asked.

"Would you walk me down the aisle?"

********

It was hours after everyone had left. Elizabeth decided to stay in town until after Rosalee and Monroe's wedding. You offered her to stay in one of your guest rooms so she could spend more time with Marie before she needed to leave again. Once everyone left, excited for the wedding in a couple of days, Elizabeth took Marie up to bed to give you and Sean some time together. After making sure everything was cleaned up and the house locked and secured, you made your way to Sean's office. He wasn't sitting at his desk like he normally did, but instead was sitting in one of the chairs by the fireplace. He was resting his chin on his hand, staring into the fire, deep in thought. You walked over and placed your hand on his shoulder. He looked up and smiled at you, taking your arm in his hand and pulling you down onto his lap. You nestled against his chest as his arms wrapped around you, his head laying on top of yours.

"Monroe, Nick, and I are going to pick up our suits tomorrow. I've asked for Adalind to pick up yours and Marie's dresses, so you don't have to leave the house," Sean said into your hair.

You nodded in response. "Okay," you said softly. You relaxed more into his chest, "Now, tell me what you're really thinking about." You sat up slightly so you could look at him, "Your mind has been wandering. I can tell."

Sean smirked, "I can't get anything past you, can I?"

You smiled as you leaned in and pecked his lips, "You should know better than to try. Now, tell me."

Sean pulled you close to him again. "I've been thinking about how busy everything has been between dealing with Wesen issues and the precinct. Not to mention that we are about to enter a war with the family. I feel like I've hardly been able to spend any time with you or Marie. The last thing I want is to lose you two."

You nestled deeper into Sean's chest, hugging him closer to you, "You're not going to lose us."

"But I almost did. If Meisner hadn't gotten here when he did, you would have died, and I would have too. I don't want to risk our lives anymore. I think it's time to take this royalty thing more seriously. I think it's time for us to become a proper royal family," Sean said as his hand stroked up and down your arm.

"What do you mean?" you asked.

You felt Sean take a deep breath, "I'm thinking about stepping down as the captain so that I can be King full time. There has been too much unrest in the Wesen community. We need them to see that we are serious and there are consequences to their actions. I think it's time to show them that we aren't just some pawns being used to gain their trust. It's time to truly claim our throne."

"Who would take your place as captain?" you asked as you stared into the fire.

"I've decided to nominate Nick for the position."

********

The day of Rosalee and Monroe's wedding finally arrived. It was held in a lodge up in the mountains near Portland. Rosalee and Monroe only invited their closest friends and family, so it was a small but beautiful affair. Since Marie wasn't walking just yet, Nick carried her down the aisle. You beamed when you saw your brother carrying your little girl. She had a poofy white dress on and a crown of baby's breath on her head. Once they made it down the aisle, Nick handed her off to Elizabeth and Adalind so he could take his place next to Monroe. When the music changed, everyone stood to see Rosalee walking in, holding onto Sean's arm. The ceremony was simple and sweet. Once the I dos and rings were exchanged, everyone cheered as Monroe kissed Rosalee.

As the reception went on, you found yourself on the dance floor with Sean. As he twirled you, you suddenly stopped, tilting your head to the side.

"(Y/N)? What's wrong?" Sean asked as he stepped closer to you.

You glanced over to your brother to see that he had the same expression on his face. "Someone's here," you responded.

You walked towards the doors that led outside to the wooded patio of the lodge. Sean and Adalind followed you and Nick. Standing in the darkness was someone dressed in black with a hood over their head.

"State your name and business," Sean said as he stepped in front of you.

The person turned around. "Is that any way to speak to your mother-in-law?" the voice said as they removed their hood, revealing your mother standing there.

"Mom?" Nick said as you smiled and ran to hug her.

"I got your message. I didn't realize I would be crashing a wedding. Now, where's my granddaughter?" she asked.

You cleared your throat, "Uh, with her other grandmother."

Your mother's eyebrow raised as she looked towards Sean, "Your mother is here?"

Sean nodded, "She came after I got shot."

"You got shot?" your mother said in surprise. She looked over at Nick and tensed when she saw Adalind.

"Isn't that the..." she began to say before you cut her off.

"It's been a wild few months."

"Apparently. So, what is this task you need help with?" she asked.

You looked between Sean and Nick, "I think that's something we should discuss at the house. Too many ears here."

You heard the door of the lodge open to see Monroe and Rosalee walk out, Elizabeth behind them with Marie in her arms. Monroe and Rosalee abruptly stopped when they saw your mother, and when Elizabeth looked up, she tensed as she woged. Your mother tensed as well, but you were quick to place your hand on her arm, as Sean did the same to his mother.

"Mom, this is Sean's mother, Elizabeth. Elizabeth, this is mine and Nick's mother, Kelly," you said as you tried to break the tension between the two.

You watched as they both cautiously relaxed, still eyeing each other, until you heard your mother's breath hitch.

"Is that..."

You smiled as you walked over and took Marie from Elizabeth, bringing her over to your mother. Marie held her hands out as soon as you held her out, your mother taking her in her arms. Your mother began cooing to Marie as she babbled away at her.

"What did you end up naming her?" your mother asked.

"Marie," you said softly. Your mother looked to you with tears in her eyes.

"Not that we aren't happy to see you, but what are you doing here?" Rosalee asked.

Your mother looked up from her granddaughter, "That's what I would like to know."

You glanced around your little group as you looked between Sean and Nick. Sean nodded his head at you, giving you the go-ahead to speak out loud what you had been discussing for a week.

"We need you to kill a royal."