xxxiv

"murder in the wakilis"-----This was the news headline as the story spread around like wildfire.

There was no doubt that kassim sent that man to kill Za'afar.

And after further investigation he was charged with murder of Hamza wakili.

Kasim wakili knew he was doomed and without too much ado he took the run as he got into an accident resulting to an immediate death.

Laila was also arrested and Rabi'a has retired back to their home town, but the part were hanan was framed was left hidden.

For sure their relationship with kasim's family will never be the same, they hated Za'afar claiming he's the reason for their father's death, you shouldn't have take the matter to the police, we could solve it as a family-they said, according to them a rufa wa juna asiri.

Za'afar couldn't care less as he flip through the pages, the paparazzi still lurked outside his home, office and follow his whereabouts, it's hectic.

To his bewilderment, he has lost interest in kasim's case,the guy's already dead what more is there to look at, what seems to bothered him the most was his wife.

Her mother was hell bent on taking her home, and his egoistic self will not let her, if maryam is to go home then he should be the one sending her away not the other way round.

'She's still my wife, you're merely her mother' were his exact words

And off course he was supported by ummaru.

She was in a coma for 7 days due to shock, and it did little to ease his nerves, because he has questions, alot of them.

The vibration on the table caught his attention, the caller Id read anti hafsa.

"Za'afar!Za'afar!!" Anti hafsa's frantic voice ceme through the phone "She's awake"

Just what he wanted to hear, he thought.

He found himself with a hastened pace to his car and he wondered why?

5 minutes and he can see the symbol to the hospital and in no time he was there.

Standing by the door he watched as the nurse gave her the appropriate intervention.

"She's doing well from the look of it, don't forget to let her take her medicines, if there should be any reoccurring issue please alert me or the doctor" she finished.

"We will" anti hafsa smiled "so when are you going to check us out?"

"No not today, sai mun ga mai hali yayi, and please don't overcrowd her to prevent getting her overwhelmed, you take it slowly, one at a time"

"Ok, thank you"

The nurse smiled as she exited the room.

Maryam's eyes dart around the room a bit confused as they watched her without a word

She tried to sit up but find it a bit difficult.

"Just relax dear" anti hafsa was quick to reassure her.

Za'afar stood stoic as he found her eyes on him, they were fixed there for a second before she turned her gaze away.

Emotionless were her eyes, for the first time they showed nothing regarding him.

"I will be outside" anti hafsa excused herself allowing the couple some alone time.

It was quite for a couple of minutes as he stood rooted to his spot.