twenty.

I stared in the mirror, carefully applying my mascara, one of the finishing touches for tonight. Tonight we were in Houston, Texas and I was oddly excited.

My eyes caught a flash of movement in the reflection of the mirror. The door to my dressing room could be seen through the mirror and I could see Calum leaning up against the doorframe.

"May I help you?" My lips held a faint smirk.

He nodded, taking a couple of steps forward. "So, uh... if you and I are gonna try again, are there gonna be more cute boys of the week?" Oh my.

I finished up my mascara as I began to laugh. Calum was noticeably confused at my outburst.

My converse clad feet carried me over to where he stood, "Calum Thomas." I lazily hung my arms over his shoulders, connecting my hands behind his head. "If we're trying again, then you'll be my cute boy of the week, every week."

Now he was laughing.

His head fell back as laughter ripped through up, "That was painfully cheesy."

After a couple of seconds, he brought his head back down and my smile grew wider at the sight of his reddened cheeks. "Made you blush, though." I giggled.

I tilted my chin up and lightly kissed his jaw before walking back over to the makeup table. I needed more highlighter and a generous amount of setting spray before I could be set for the night.

He walked over to me, resting his chin on the top of my head. It was sweet. I missed this side of Calum, the side where he could let his guard down and be the touchy and sweet Calum I grew up with.

"Are we trying again, though?"

I nodded to his question, "I'd like to think we are, I kind of still like you a lot."

We were looking at each other through the mirror.

He raised an eyebrow and I blushed, he always was able to get to me easily. "Good, but you only like me? Cause I'm pretty sure I told you the other night that I still loved you." Calum kissed the top of my head, making my cheeks even redder.

What was with us and making the other blush tonight?

"You know I still love you, Cal." my voice was quiet, but my words had never been more true.

Calum brought his hands up so they rested on my shoulders, his calloused fingers massaging soothing circles on the exposed skin.

We've got just over a month left of tour and I'm beyond excited to go back to normal every day life with Calum. Lazy Saturday mornings and tipsy brunches. My heart ached for the normalcy I once had to return.

I wish Mum was here to witness Calum and I coming back together. She always told me that we'd end up back together again. Mum was probably the most excited when we got together the first time, claiming that maybe one day she'd get to call Calum 'son' and it actually be true. She would've flipped when I told her that Calum had bought me a ring all those years ago.

"Relax, Sul." Calum's words tore me from my thoughts, his hands massaging my shoulders more intensely now.

I furrowed my eyebrows, "How-"

"You got too quiet, you only ever do that when you're thinking too hard about things." He was quiet for a few seconds, "Mum?"

I nodded, willing myself not to cry.

I definitely didn't have time to fix my makeup if I cried right now. I'm pretty sure an assistant will be coming to get me any minute now.

Another thought popped into my head and I had to force myself not to panic. "Do the others know you and Kinny broke up? I kind of don't want to be caught in an awkward cheating scandal."

Calum chuckled, flicking my shoulder as he fully stood up, towering over me in my chair. 

"Kinny told them this morning, said she wanted to explain it all. Something about not wanting to make me out to be some horrible person." He shrugged, running his fingers through his hair. "Then she posted on her instagram story about our breakup, explaining it to fans so they don't give you a hard time if we post anything or are out in public together. I reposted it do."

Wow, what a girl. "Why am I not dating Kinny?"

Calum scoffed, playing shoving my shoulder, "Excuse me." Now we were both laughing.

A knock on the door caught my attention. It was the assistant calling me to stage. I sprayed my setting spray once more, wanting to make sure my makeup stayed in place, before quickly jumping up to my feet.

"Good luck kiss?" I raised my eyebrows.

Calum's eyes widened and he quickly nodded, closing the space between us as quick as he could. His hands gripped my waist as he pressed his lips against mine.

Fuck, I missed this.

sulli posted a photo!

Liked by kinsleyp, lukehemmings, and otherssulliback in my "dating the bassist" era

sulli
back in my "dating the bassist" era

tagged: calumhood

view all comments

malikoa omg fucking finally, welcome home!!
sulli happy to be back, mali (:
calumhood you're welcome for the reunion
malikoa ugh yes thank you bubba

user1 I WAS HOPING THIS WAS GONNA HAPPEN AFTER THE BREAKUP ANNOUNCEMENT
user2 i'm so conflicted
user2 but i'm also obsessed !!!

crystalleigh my heart omg

kinsleyp the #1 shipper of the calivan ship
user3 kinsley being supportive makes my heart happy

ashtonirwin the besties are back together again!
kinsleyp but not cuter than our bestie duo
ashtonirwin damn straight

lukehemmings @sierradeaton are we this cute
sierradeaton lol yes, lu

michaelclifford @mackfish how do you feel about this reunion???
mackfish oddly okay with it

mackfish happy sissy is the best sissy !!

y'all why can't i date calum