25

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐎𝐕𝐄𝐑𝐋𝐎𝐎𝐊𝐄𝐃
when was the last time you felt lucky to be you

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐎𝐕𝐄𝐑𝐋𝐎𝐎𝐊𝐄𝐃when was the last time you felt lucky to be you

THE DOORS TO Derek's loft slid open, signalling that Jennifer had arrived.

Everyone sat forward — or in other cases, stepped forward.

Hope peered over Stiles' shoulder, her breath tickling his neck and cheek as they hid in the shadows. He glanced at her, his eyes shining brightly in the dark atmosphere and he slowly licked his lips before reaching over and gripping her hand. She looked up at him as she felt his long fingers intertwine with hers.

"I want to squeal, but I think this is a very serious time, so I won't," Caroline whispered, hands on the edge of her seat as she leaned forward, intrigued and worried.

"Derek?" Jennifer yelled, her heel s clicking on the floor as she rushed inside frantically, interrupting their moment. "Derek where are you?"

"Right here," Derek replied, walking towards her from the shadows.

"Oh thank god." She sighed out in relief.

Lightening lit up the room from the outside, thunder clapping in the distance as she quickly pulled Derek into a hug. She pulled away with a shaky breath, her brown eyes wide. "Something happened at the recital. At the school," she rambled, "okay, I need to tell you before you hear it, before you hear any of it from them."

Klaus narrowed his eyes, clenching his jaw as he spoke lowly, "She's going to twist the story."

Damon nodded, tense as well. He didn't want to admit it, but he's quite fond of the littlest Mikaelson and her little crew. You won't hear it from him, though.

"From who?"

"Scott, Stiles, and Hope. They're gonna tell you things. Things you can't believe. You have to trust me, okay?" Jennifer practically pleaded with him.

Derek frowned, "what is it?"

"Promise you'll listen to me." 

The alpha paused for a second before giving a short nod. "Promise."

And then she kissed him. The only sound was the storm in the distance, and when Derek didn't kiss back or wrap his arms around her like he usually would, she knew that something was off.

Damon smirked, "you can see her plan unfolding right in front of her eyes."

Kol's dark eyes took in the scene. "One of these days, people will learn to never cross a Mikaelson." He briefly glanced at Marcel before wrapping his arms around his wife.