18

𝐂𝐇𝐎𝐀𝐒 𝐑𝐈𝐒𝐈𝐍𝐆
why is it always something? like, i can't go a week without there being something

𝐂𝐇𝐎𝐀𝐒 𝐑𝐈𝐒𝐈𝐍𝐆why is it always something? like, i can't go a week without there being something

IT HAD BEEN the next school day after Heather's birthday party that everything began to escalate.

The bruises on Lydia and Allison's wrist's that were caused by a woman, was seemingly not some random mark, but a symbol that could mean something. It could possibly lead them to Erica and Boyd.

The only person that didn't believe the whole thing was Derek. No surprise there.

"After everything... this man should believe them," Josie stated with a frown.

Jed's eyes widened because now that he has gotten to see this so called 'Derek' in better lighting, he's... good looking.

He stood in front of the small group of teenagers, arms crossed sternly. He glanced down at the two girls' wrists, shaking his head. "I don't see anything."     

"Look again," Scott insisted, trying to get Derek to consider hearing them out. Boyd and Erica were still missing which meant they needed to find anything that could lead them to them.

"How is a bruise going to tell me where Boyd and Erica are?" Derek asked, his voice hardening.

Hope huffed at him. "It's the same on both sides. It has to mean something."

He simply shook his head. "It's nothing."

Lydia smacked her lips, looking up at Derek. "Pareidolia. Seeing patterns that aren't there." When no one spoke, she sighed. "It's a subset of apophenia."

"She's so smart," Davina commented, "I like her."

Scott looked back toward Derek, "They're trying to help."     

"These two? This one—" Derek pointed at Lydia, "who used me to resurrect my psychotic uncle. Thank you." His voice was dripping with sarcasm. "And this one—" he pointed at Allison, "who shot about thirty arrows into me and my pack."

Jed eyes widened. "Oh, damn..."

"Still not over her betraying my daughter," Hayley commented with crossed arms. Klaus nodded along, grinding his teeth together at the thought of the Argent girl wanting to hurt his daughter.

The tribrid knew she couldn't say much on the subject of Lydia bringing back Peter seeing as she wasn't around, but she knew the girl wasn't in control of herself. It wasn't her fault.

"Okay, all right, now, come on," Stiles interrupted the stare-down, trying to relieve the tension between Allison and Derek. "No one died, all right. Look, there may have been a little maiming, okay, a little mangling, but no death. That's what I call an important distinction."