Chapter 53

Yn's pov:

When you wake up to the alarm clock, you notice that you are alone in bed.

You hear the shower running, so decide to get out of bed into the bathroom.

Lando: Good morning sleepyhead.

Yn: So you're just using my shower and didn't even bother to ask me if I wanted to join?

Lando: Well you looked so peaceful. I didn't want to bother you.

You roll your eyes at him.

Yn: Fine.

Lando smirks: You're still welcome to join me now.

Yn: We have to be at the track in 30 minutes so we have to hurry, so no dirty things understood?

Lando: Yes ma'am.

You laugh at his silliness.

Yn: Now make some room for me, come on.

Lando: For you, always.

After the shower you and Lando hurry to get to the track on time. You walk into the paddock together.

Press: Is she your girlfriend?

Lando: Just my new PA, now excuse me.

His answer stung, especially the 'just'. You weren't just his PA, but more, right? What were you? You just broke up with Max but already had sex and shared two nights with Lando.

When you walk into the McLaren hospitality you follow Lando to his drivers room. He had to change for FP3 so you close the door behind you.

Yn: Just your PA now, am I?

He looked at you, confused.

Lando: We are more than that and you know that. But for them, you are just my PA. Haven't you thought about what would happen if anyone found out what we did this past week?

Well shit, you didn't think about that. You worked really hard to get this job and didn't want to lose it.

Lando: So, you haven't thought about it?

Yn: I've been so worried about the situation with Max, my parents and with actually doing my job I just didn't think about what 'us' would mean to that new job.

You started to panic. Dating Max and working for McLaren really wasn't a problem, but now she was involved with Lando and was also his PA.

Yn: I can't lose this new job Lan, I've worked too hard to get it.

Lando: That's why I told the press you were just my PA, not because I don't want you to be more than that.

Yn: You have to promise me you won't tell anyone what happened between us this past week.

Lando: I won't tell anyone, promise.

Yn: Good, that's good. Now hurry and change, we still have some press meetings and then FP3.

You got out of his driver's room, needing some fresh air. After Lando got changed you walk him to his press conference and wait for it to be over.

During the press conference you notice Maxs' eyes finding yours in the crowd. You just look back at him, not knowing what else to do. Because of that he hadn't heard the question someone from the press asked him. He tears his eyes away from you, back to the press.

Max: Sorry, can you repeat that question?

Press: There have been rumors you are no longer together with your girlfriend, can you confirm?

He finds your eyes again.

Max: For now we've decided to both focus on our careers and just remain good friends.

That was true, but what he didn't know was that Lando also had a part in that breakup. Maybe it wasn't fair to hold that information back from him, but you just couldn't tell him.

When the press conference is over you need some fresh air so you decide to take a walk around the paddock. You are looking at your phone when you bump into someone.

Yn: I'm so sorry I wasn't looking, I was just dying to get out of that press conference.

When you look up your face turns red, it's Charles, as in Charles from Ferrari Charles. And it looked like you spilled his water all over his shirt.

Charles: Oh no I'm sorry, I wasn't looking as well. So why were you dying to get out of there?

That was a complicated question.

Yn: Rough day.

Charles: I'm sorry to hear that.

Yn: No it's fine, we all have those right?

Charles: I understand. I recently got out of a relationship as well and work can sometimes be overwhelming, especially if in your case your ex works at the same place as you.

Yn: You and Charlotte broke up?

Charles: Yes, it just wasn't working.

Yn: Yeah... Same for me.

Charles: Well I have to go to the place you were dying to get out of.

You laugh at his exaggeration.

Yn: Good luck in there, you'll need it.

This time he laughs at your joke. You walk past him ready to head back to the McLaren hospitality when he calls out to you.

Charles: I'll text you.

Your face turns red once more so you just smile at him, turn around and walk back to the hospitality.