Chapter 90

Yn: It feels like someone hit my head with a crowbar.

Lando: Well, I certainly didn't do that.

Yn: Metaphorically, Lan.

Lando: Yes, I could still understand that.

You laugh at him, which makes your head hurt even more. You sit up and reach for the glass of water Kika left for you. Lando gets out of bed and leaves for the bathroom without saying another word. Your heart drops, thinking he regrets staying the night. But soon he returns and gets back into bed.

Lando: You should take this.

Yn: What?

He hands you an ibuprofen, which you gladly take.

Lando: Go and sleep for another hour or so. I promise you'll feel much better.

Yn: If I fall asleep now, I won't wake up until the afternoon, but I'd like to run some errands before lunch.

Lando: Don't worry, I'll wake you in an hour or so.

So you go to sleep, hoping your headache will indeed lessen.

-

When you wake up, it certainly wasn't because Lando woke you. The alarm clock reads 10 am, one and a half hours after Lando promised to wake you. So much for "I'll wake you in an hour or so." When you turn around, you see Lando still sitting on the bed with his laptop and reading glasses. Reading glasses?

Yn: You wear glasses?

He quickly takes them off and places them on the bed, his face slightly reddening.

Lando: Not often, just when I'm trying to read or write.

The glasses have an all-black frame, and God, if he doesn't look hot in them.

Yn: They're nice.

He raises an eyebrow at you and gives you an indignant look.

Lando: Lying was never your strong suit.

Yn: I mean it, they're hot.

Lando: Yeah, right.

And even though he rolled his eyes, you were sure he must've loved the compliment.

Lando: How are you feeling?

Yn: Much better, the headache is as good as gone.

Lando: How about we go out for brunch?

Your stomach does a little somersault at his offer, implying he doesn't regret staying the night. Because even though he did stay the night, you hadn't even kissed.

Yn: I'll take a shower, and then we'll head out.

Lando: I'll go shower too.

Just like that, he leaves for his own bathroom. After showering and getting dressed in something cute, casual, and heat-resistant, you head downstairs.

Kika: Morning, princess. You look much better.

Yn: I feel much better.

Max: How many times did you throw up?

Kika: Ew-

Yn: Gross-

Charles: Well, you couldn't tell you weren't feeling well just by looking at you, Bells.

Yn: Thanks.

Pierre: Did you eat yet?

Yn: No.

Charles: I could make something. Maybe one of my smoothie bowls?

Lando: We're actually heading out for some errands and for brunch. Does anyone need anything from the store?

Kika: Some fruit? Take a bit of everything?

Pierre: Wine?

Max: And some snacks for the beach later today.

Pierre: Oh, and some liquor for shots?

Yn: Pierre, if you want me to vomit on you, please stop talking about all kinds of alcohol.

He raises his hands in mock defense while Kika laughs.

Kika: But don't get beer, they'll get fat.

Yn: Kieks, you're not funny. Let's go, Lando.

You quickly head outside, the instant heat easing your stomach. Lando walks to the car but looks back when he sees you walking in the other direction.

Lando: Where are you going?

Yn: Well...

You step around the corner and point at the red Vespa that came with the house.

Lando: You'll take this over my beautiful McLaren?

Yn: Everyone knows what your McLaren looks like. This is way more low-key and not to mention way more fun.

Lando: Fine, but I'm driving.

Yn: You would think you'd be fed up with driving things after a while.

Lando: Never.