Baby It's Covid Outside by @ItsTheQuietGirls

Logline

Logline

Snowed in and forced to self-isolate with her grumpy boss right before Christmas, Susie refuses to let circumstances stop the festive fun, and ropes a reluctant Henry in on the plans.

Blurb

This year, Susie Miller has just one thing on her Christmas list; to have the most magical holiday experience with friends and family after they all spent the last one in a pandemic lockdown.

She doesn't expect her car to break down in the snow, leaving her stranded at the home of her gruff boss, Henry. Or the call that forces them to self-isolate together for two weeks.

Determined not to let circumstances get her down, Susie decides her festive plans aren't unravelling, just being rewritten.

Roping in a reluctant Henry for festive fun and favourite traditions, she decides to teach him the magic of Christmas and maybe even get through that gruff facade to discover the man underneath!

~Chapter One~

Susie

"We need to go." Ayla's urgent tone cut through my focus and pulled me back to the office.

"What? Why?" I asked, spinning my chair to face her.

She rolled her eyes. "Have you seen the state of the weather? Literally everyone else has gone."

My eyes flicked briefly towards the floor to ceiling windows, which gave me uninterrupted views over the snow-blanketed Kent countryside. Despite the fact it was getting darker as the day drew to a close, the yellowing colour of the sky promised more snow to come.

My dreams of a perfect Christmas were coming true. After the year we had all had, we deserved a little festive magic.

"It looks beautiful, doesn't it?" I sighed happily, "Like a Christmas card."

"You're kidding. Susie, there's a weather warning in place and they're recommending not to travel. Literally everyone else has gone home already and Mr. Carter suggested working from home earlier." Ayla replied, already pulling together her things.

As much as I wanted to get home and go out and play in the snow, there was no way I'd be able to relax knowing this report was waiting for me.

The stack of printed figures I was referring back to would be impossible to take with me, and I was determined to finish up everything before heading home to start on my perfect Christmas. Perfect Christmases did not start with taking your work home. Everyone knew that.

"I'm almost done." I lied. "I'll walk you out and then finish up and shut the office down."

I could see the indecision warring on her face. Desperation to get home and worry about leaving me.