Leigh W Stuart

MENTOR BIO

I can be found as both BindingTies and LeighWStuart on Wattpad, where I've been a star, ambassador, and am now a creator. My romcom, Two Tickets to Paradise, is part of the Paid program and was featured in Cosmo magazine in 2016, and two of my other romcoms, The 12 Dares of Christmas and Mischievously Mine, are published with the indie press, City Owl. As a former Wattpad ambassador, I have participated in or judged at least a dozen short-story contests in a variety of genres, and I am one of two winners of the Wattpad Studios Pitching Contest for a dark humor pitch. Besides writing and judging, I have worked as an editor as well as a beta-reader or critique partner for other authors to help them improve the early drafts of their novels.

Since I am obsessed with natural fibers (wool, silk, cotton, alpaca, angora, etc.), I spend way too much time spinning art-yarn at my wheel, weaving on a loom or knitting, especially while watching Netflix. In 2021, I completed my Masters in English literature degree at the University of Fribourg in Switzerland, and will soon begin working on a teaching certificate. My tastes in reading and writing are rather eclectic—my current project is a fantasy romance between a dragon shifter and a witch that my characters are slowly turning into a romcom. In the past, I have dabbled in Middle Grade adventure stories, horror, comedy, fantasy, sci-fi and contemporary romance stories, plus lots of romcoms.

Although born and raised in Kansas City, Missouri (in the middle of the United States), I have been living in Switzerland for over twenty years with my husband and kids, and I love to curl up and read a chunky classic novel on a cold day.

Read Leigh W Stuart's mentor wish list here BindingTies

👆 👆 👆