Celeste A. Brook

MENTOR BIO

About Me

Hey there! I'm Celeste A. Brook, a romance writer crafting stories with swoon-worthy male characters, empowering female leads, and real-life themes.

In 2015, I joined Wattpad just to see if I could write a book. Seven years later, my first novel More Than Friends has reached over 15 million reads. I have two books in the Paid program and one book published as an ebook by Wattpad Books. Last year, I joined the Wattpad Creators program and my writing career has developed in ways I could've never imagined.

I truly believe in giving back. When I started my writing journey, I had no idea what I was doing. However, I was fortunate enough to have experienced writers, editors, and WP staff to guide me along the way. I'm still a working in process, but I'm excited to share what I've learned over the years.

On a final note about me... I live in the warm lands of Rio, Brazil with my husband. When I'm not writing or reading a good old romance book, I can be found meditating, wandering around nature, swooning over fictional characters, laughing over silly memes, or simply hanging out with my family and friends.

Mentoring Style:

I believe being friendly and polite is the key to every relationship, so this is what I expect from our future partnership.

My primary focus is to understand how happy you are with your story and guide you on points where you could improve.

If you already know the kind of feedback you're looking for, we can work mainly around that or I can provide you with my first impressions of the story and we can go from there. Sometimes, we don't know exactly the kind of feedback we're looking for, so I'm totally fine with showing you some things we can do to strengthen your book.

Some of the things I'm currently obsessed with right now are hook, strong opening scene and premise, compelling dialogue, the right amount of exposition x internal dialogue, and getting that first chapter/ first Act right. However, a story is made of many other factors, so I'm here for all of that too.

I believe working through the 3 Acts of the story (one at a time) is a good way to ensure you cover as many aspects of storytelling as possible. But I'm totally fine with trying something different.

PS: If you don't know or can't identify the ACTS in your story, we can do it together before we start the whole mentoring process.

Mentoring Process:

Stage 1 - We'll schedule a meeting to get to know each other better and to align our goals and expectations. You'll have a chance to talk about your writing and the book you want to work with. I'd prefer it if it was through ZOOM or GOOGLE MEET. This is the way I've done with editors in the past and it has worked really well.

Stage 2 - You'll send me your first chapters through GOOGLE DOCS. Its commenting feature is really user-friendly, so it'll be easier to keep track of our progress. You can transfer our edited work to your word-processing software or to Wattpad, whatever you prefer.

Stage 3 - I'll read your chapters and, based on what we agreed on at our first meeting, I'll provide you with some feedback. We can schedule another video call to discuss my suggestion in depth or we can talk through Discord.

Stage 4 - You'll go through the comments I made and edit your story as you see fit. It's totally okay if you decide not to follow some of the suggestions I made and we can talk more about how you'll decide to proceed. If I have time, I'll go over the chapters you covered after my feedback.

Stage 5 - We'll go through stages 2, 3, and 4 again until we've covered your entire book.

What to expect from me:

Someone to support you through the entire process!

Someone who'll act professionally and will expect the same in return!

Someone to cheer you on!

Someone you can count on during the entire process!

What not to expect from me:

Copyediting - I can suggest some books and apps you can use to improve your grammar. I'm okay with occasionally pointing out things where you should improve, like typos, verb tense, tags, etc, but I can't copyedit your story.

Ghostwriting - I'm here to guide you through the process. You are responsible for writing the story.

What now?

If you have any questions, please ask away. I'm super chatty and love talking books and getting to know new people.

I hope you find someone who can help you be your best writer self!

XOXO

Celeste

Read Celeste A. Brook's mentor wish list here CelesteABrook

👆      👆      👆