The Alpha's Huntress by @jspruill1130

Logline

Logline

After being captured by a lycan alpha, a supernatural Huntress must decide if she is willing to work alongside her worst enemy to find the monster responsible for creating an army of werewolves, even if it means betraying her family heritage.

Blurb

Monsters exist, but so do Hunters.

Evelyn Del Val comes from a long, nearly extinct line of Hunters. Their extra-human strength and speed give them the capability of hunting and ridding the world of things that go bump in the night. Evelyn has worked her entire life towards proving herself worthy of the Huntress title. She finally has a chance to prove herself to her father while investigating the disappearance of teenage boys by an unknown supernatural being. But things take a turn for the worst when she gets taken captive by the creature she fears the most, the beast responsible for her mother's death - a lycan.

Rook, the lycan Alpha of a pack of rogues, could not be more pleased with the news of a captured Huntress. In order to be accepted into the lycan council, Rook has been tasked with not only bringing the Alpha responsible for creating werewolves to justice but also ridding the world of the most powerful family of Hunters - the Del Vals. Everything is going according to plan until he discovers that his prisoner is his mate. How could fate be so cruel to pair a lycan Alpha with a Huntress?

Even though they are destined to kill one another, they must learn to trust each other and work together as they track down the Alpha responsible for creating an army of werewolves that threatens all of humanity. Their only hope, only redemption, is for the beast and the Huntress to join as one.

~Chapter One~

Evelyn

Whoever fights monsters should see to it that they do not become monsters in the process. At least, that's what my mother used to say before she was murdered by one.

The thought consumed me as Pops led me to the small townhouse of the latest victim in a series of animal attacks targeting teenage boys.

"Henry Gilbert," my brother said, briefing me before we reached the door, "five-foot-nine, one hundred and eighty-five pounds. On his way home from football practice, he was attacked by some sort of animal."

I listened intently, my heart beating a thousand miles per hour. We'd arrived only an hour ago in this desolate town called Windfall. Pops and Roary rarely allowed me to go on new hunts without them investigating first, and it was only because I could enter the home as a doctor and not a Huntress that they allowed me to do so now. "What kind of animal?"

"We're not sure. That's where you come in."

I smiled. My mother's greatest wish was to keep me as far away from the family business as possible. Pops was determined to uphold that promise to her and had sent me off to medical school, but the stronger I became and the more my abilities developed, he could no longer deny me my birthright. I was giddy with anticipation of going in first tonight. I was their only shot at determining what this creature, or monster, was. They had to depend on me for once, and I reveled in the sensation.