Ligia Nunes

MENTOR BIO

Simply LigiaNunes on Wattpad, I'm a feminist and queer Brazilian Latina. I was born and raised in the fourth biggest city in the world (São Paulo, Brazil), only to move to what feels like one of the smallest, in a calm rincón of southern Spain. Still, my works definitely show my 28 years in the Brazilian megalopolis and all the danger, inequality, beauty, and ease you can find there.

I'm a multiple award-winning writer, Visual Novel developer, and illustrator. You can read my zombie series, starting with Some Thing Called Myself , on Wattpad and YONDER. I also freelance as a layout designer, proofreader, and sometimes illustrator for independent writers and small publishers.

When I'm working, I often have different kinds of synth-wave and lofi on my playlist, plus lots of the 80s pop/rock/goth, industrial goth, post-punk... and also classical music, Brazilian oldies, and 1990-2010s pop-rock (although I'll never say no to Billie Eilish, Urias, Duda Beat, and Gloria Groove).

And when I'm not working, I'm either reading, playing something, watching a series, or visiting different Spanish pueblos. My favorite book genres are science fantasy and romance, with lots of action, humor, LGBTQ+ representation, and diversity. I love Anne Rice, Ursula Le Guin, NK Jemisin, and a few Brazilian authors you probably never heard about. My all-time favorite series is Star Trek. And yes, Voyager and Discovery are definitely the best in the ST lineage. As for games, I love visual novels, RPGs, turn-based strategy, and anything with a great story! Did anyone say Mass Effect?

Oh, and I have a bachelor's degree in Game Design. I finished my first book at 24 (after several failed attempts), won my first Brazilian writing competition at 27, and a Watty at 28. At 29, I became a Wattpad Star; at 30, I joined the Wattpad Creators and was part of my first panel about worldbuilding. Now, at 31, I still feel I have an entire world of knowledge to discover; I'm only just starting! :)

My mentoring style:

I'd love to be someone who will offer you guidance during every part of the editing process; someone who will be a cheerleader on hard days, and a fellow writer you can bounce ideas off of on happy days. My idea for this mentorship is to first zoom out on your finished book so we can look at your story structure and find anything that might need adjustments. Once that's done, we can jump into the chapters to fine-tune your chapter/scene structure. After that, if there's time, we'll look at the finer details with a round of line edits. My style is to be more of a gentle guide who also offers feedback! ;)

Read Ligia Nunes's mentor wish list here LigiaNunes

👆      👆      👆