1

Year: 2012

Walking down the humid hallways of high-school. Watching the cheerleaders dance around, doing their backflips, hearing the football team yell down the steps trying to make the other students cheer with them. It was Knightsbridge highschools prep rally. Amber and I never really sat for these things, we would always try to skip it, or at least she did. It's not that I hated prep rallys, just hated the noise.

You see, I wasnt a cheerleader, nor was I into sports. I wasn't good in math or science so i couldnt join those clubs. I was only good at one thing, and that was self destruction. I never managed to join a club because I sucked at everything I tried. My parents tell me all the time i have years to work on myself and one day I'll get it, its just not now.

I clipped my dark brunette hair back into a claw clip, fixing my sunglasses as Amber sat down next to me in the bleachers. Why did it have to be outside?

"Okay so listen. My dad won't be home for the weekend and I wanna have a get together. Why am I hearing from the grapevine that you aren't coming"? She asked as she turned to me.

"Amber, I have a shit ton of homework to do. Besides your neighbor watches your house. She'll see one person and call your dad". I said.

I watched the cheerleaders set up their equipment. Our other friend Anni waving up at us from the track.

"Why does she do that. Doesn't she know that once your a cheerleader you can't be friends with anybody else"? She mumbled as we waved back.

"Stop it. She's excited, this is the first show". I said and put my leg up on the seat infront of me, only for it to be knocked back down.

"Ladies".

We looked up to see a tall, blue eyed, brown hair boy. He wore his hat backwards and his pants down pass his ass. His friend dressed the same way. He was one of the only good looking seniors in my school. It sucked being the only sophomore in my friend group.

"Are you coming to my show tonight"? He asked as he handed Amber a mix tape.

"Kells, get away from us." Amber said as she turned to look back at Anni.

"Hey, you said you would come to the show. It's the first one". Kells spoke as he turned to me.

I gave him a smile. He was such a sweet guy and his mixtapes aren't that bad. He gave me one my freshman year. I guess its when he started to rap with Slim. Every now an again ill pop it into the radio I have and listen to it, he's got some good talent ahead if him.

"Yes, but I'm having a party that we both will be at". Amber said and turned to me.

I rolled my eyes. "I said I couldn't go". I answered again.

"Ladies listen. If you show up then great, if you don't it's not a problem." His friend Slim spoke from behind.

I looked up to see Kells looking at me. What Amber didn't know was I had a huge crush on Colson Baker since kindergarten. He was the only second grader i fell in love with, but what's love at that age? We would ride the bus home together all the time and sometimes i would go over to his aunts house for dinner with my brother and mom, but I kept it quiet. According to Amber, Colson didn't fit her ideal date or guy. She says he's not attractive, not successful, basically nothing but I didn't see that. I seen a boy chasing his dreams and I loved that about him.

"What he said". Colson said as he handed me the new tape.

I gave him another smile and once they walked off Amber groaned.

"He's so weird". She said and grabbed her phone.

I watched as Colson and Slim walked around the stands, handing the tapes out. The only good thing about this school was everyone supported everyone. Nobody crushed dreams, other than Amber.

"Well if you don't show up to the party then I don't know what to tell you. You're missing out. Sean will be there". She smiled.

"I hate Sean". I said and she shook her head.

"He didn't mean to do that. Let it go". She sighed.

"Amber, he lifted my shirt as I walked down the hallways in the math hall, then he followed me into the bathroom and asked if I wanted to do it". I said and she shrugged her shoulders.

"He was joking". She said.

I went to speak but the music started for the prep rally.

"I'll be back". I said and got up but she stopped me.

"Where are you going"? She asked.

"To the bathroom". I lied, I just needed to get away from her.

She nodded and let go of my arm as I walked down the steps. At the bottom I saw Colson, Slim and two others standing there. I smiled and walked over that's when I got hit in the face with the smell of pot.

"Hey pretty". Slim smiled.

"What time is your show tonight"? I asked.

Colson gave me a smile and pulled a piece of paper from his pocket.

"Its in the gutair shop downtown, seven o'clock". He smirked and handed me the flyer.

"I'm going to try to make it". I said. "And I'm sorry about Amber and what she said. She can be a bit"-

"Bitchy"? The other friend said. I believe his name is Rook.

I nodded and Colson walked over. Putting his arm around my shoulder.

"This is a real friend. Thanks Emmy". He smiled and kissed my temple. That is how I got the nickname. He was the only on who called me that.

"Woah get a room". Rook said as he took another hit of his joint.

Colson removed his arm from my shoulder as I gave them all a smile and walked off and back to the bleachers. Amber was still on her phone. I looked down at Anni as she did her cheers and I smiled. She got so good in the past month. I was proud of her. I glanced back over to Amber as she continued to text whoever and I sighed. She wasn't being a good friend right now. I wonder if Anni was going to the party.

"I'm out. Sean wants to ditch. You coming"? She asked me.

"Most definitely not". I said and she rolled her eyes.

"You're not fun anymore". She said and grabbed her purse.

As I sat there alone I let the anxiety go over everything that happened. Was I no longer fun? Or was I no longer fun for Amber? Ever since she's been talking to Sean, she's been a whole different mood and I wasn't sure if I liked it. I've been friends with Anni longer, since kindergarten, Amber and my friendship has been maybe three years.

"Hello and thanks for sitting for the Knightsbridge highschool prep rally"! My principle said as he clapped.

The bleachers got louder as everyone stomped their feet. Seconds later there was a commotion in the front

"Hey yall, I wanna say that I got a show tonight in the gutair place downtown, come see"! Kells yelled as he grabbed the microphone.

I laughed as Slim tried to get the tall boy off the stage, the principle making a face.

"Buy my albums"! Kells yelled as he got chased off the terf by the school security. He was definitely getting detention for this one.