32|JJ

This day wasn't go at all as I could ever thought. It started with Kie and going with Bails to buy a doll.

Well, I'm so out of my element and out of my mind from all that did happen with Kie that I just push the shopping cart letting Bails have whatever she wants. It started with one doll, but she needed something to change into, then she needed friend which needed another set of closther and I mean where are they going to live? Then they need work and car to get there and a pet and I don't even know what else. I kind of lose her at that point. Well, she lost me at that point. Now she just throwing things the barbies need and I nod pretending I know what she's talking about, which I don't.

"I think we are set." she turns around and looks at me.
"Okey, let's..." I don't even finish that sentence.
"With barbies. Now let's check some lego." she doesn't even wait and runs off to find where it is. I rush after her and trying to figure out if it is enough or who I fear more... Bails or Kie. Probably Bails, at least with Kie I can talk. Her, she's not my daughter and I'm afraid what would saying no told her about me. Or maybe she wouldn't talk to me anymore, which would be bad.

When I finally find her only few minutes later, she already has a pile of boxes of lego friends.
"Are we getting that?" I point at the pile.
"Yup!" she nods without looking at me because she's too busy choosing what else she needs.
"Now, board games!" she points at the other alley.
"At this point, why the fuck not?" I say to myself and follow her.
"Activities. Twistter. Hm, what else? Ludo! Oh, mum likes scrabble!" she shoots me a look and I get it for her into the cart.
"Monopoly!" she jumps and points where they are and I get that too.
"Seriously?" she frowns more likely confused and looks at me.
"You really going to buy me all of it?" she asks.
"Was this some kind of test?" I freeze.
"No, we needed it. You have nothing what's so ever but... I'm just surprise, Jack never bought me anything. Or even went take me shopping." she states.
"I'm not him though. If you want it, you'll get it." I say. She smiles shyly now.
"Thanks, J." she smiles.
"On that note, how do you feel about Play station 5." she smiles devilisly now.
"Did LJ put you up for it?" I ask.
"We decided we needed together." she states.
"VR wouldn't hurt either if you feel generous." she adds.
"I think we already crossed that line and went directly to Santa Claus kind of thing." I look into the cart.
"Whatever gets it for me." she points out.
"I'm blaming it all at your cute face when Kie freaks out we bought all this." I nod at her and I pay for all those toys and then we go buy that Play station with VR glasses.

***

"Bailey Carrera!" Kie shouts when we get home with all of it.
"It's Jayj fault!" she points at me.
"You." I look down at her.
"Sorry. He wanted it too thought." Bails looks back at Kie who has her arms crossed.
"Oh, he likes to play with barbies? Right, that checks out!" Kie shakes her head.
"He doesn't have anything and we bought you something too!" she says and looks through the bags.
"Here." Bails hands her Scarebble.
"Oh, how thoughtful of you. What else is for me? And what did you got for LJ and JJ and maybe the neighbours and the freeking town?" Kie asks her sarcastically.
"Well, we got Play station for LJ and JJ." she shrugs.
"I don't remember I wanted that but okey." I state.
"Traitor." she frowns at me.
"You blamed me first, Bails! You started it." I remind her.
"You paid for it though! I just suggested what could be useful in your house." she lies.
"Okey, that's enough." Kie brings our attention back to her.
"I need toys, mum!" Bails says it like she was in agony until now without them.
"You have toys, Bailey, and you played JJ to buy you more when I wasn't there to cut your tail." Kie tells her.
"I have like 3 toys here!" she crosses her arms and pouts.
"Can we go back? You were more fun than her!" Bails turns to me.
"I'm not here." I hold my hands up in defeat.
"You suck. Both of you!" she says and walks away into her room slaming the door behind her.
"Look, I'm sorry.. but I couldn't say no to her with that cute face and puppy eyes and the stories that barbies needs lot of things... she kinda lost me there, but she was so happy, I just... couldn't stop her." I say before Kie has the chance to shout at me. She looks at me for a while without a word and then... she sighs and nods.
"It's not your fault, you got played." she says.
"I told her I would be a bad dad if I had a kid." I remind her.
"This was amazing for her I tell you that but you have to have bundaries. They will push but they don't know what's okey and whaťs not. I mean if she told you she wants to have sand as a snack, what would you say?" she asks.
"No!" I frown confused.
"But she would plead with you not understanding why not and when you wouldn't budge she would started to cry at the beach in front of all these people who might think you are a bad parent because they don't know why is she crying. But you would know. You know humans don't eat sand and you need to learn her because she doesn't know that. It's the same that happened today. She never had a dad or someone else who would go shop with her except for me. She doesn't know, she thinks dads are fun and they let their little girls get anything because they are princesses. She didn't know better and even though you are not her dad you learn to say no to her when she doesn't know. She's just a kid. You say no, they'll hate you for the day and then they will forget and maybe even thank you like 10 years later." Kie explains.
"As a parent you need to prepare them for a real life out there and you can only do that if you say no sometimes even if they are cute and use puppy eyes. They are also not spoiled later." she adds.
"You have to know this so you could use it on LJ too." she says.
"Bur it's hard. They had a hard life, both of them, and I just wanted to make it up for them if I'm totaly honest with you." I admit.
"You turned okey and you had a hard life and far less then those two. I am not saying don't buy them anything but maybe a little less." she suggests.
"Yeah. You are right." I sigh and then the door bell rings.

I turn around and open it.
"You again?" I ask when I see the Pogues.
"Yeah and we brought back up." Sar says and pushes the twins at the front line.
"Hi, uncle J." they say in union.
"Hi, auntie Kie!" they wave at her.
"Bae in her room. Kinda mad." she tells them.
"Oh, what's this!?" they shout and look into their bags.
"Is it Christmas already!?" Thea looks up and you can almost see sparks in her eyes.
"No, JJ just bought the whole toys store." Kie tells them.
"You can pick something and go play with Bae." Kie states. Both of them grabs something in each their hand and run off.

"I don't even know what I want to ask first!" Sar comments so I turn back at her and shut the door to her face.
"Rude." she opens them because it wasn't locked and they all walk inside.
"We thought we could use your gril." John B says and they place two bags on the kitchen island.
"We brought ours." he adds.
"You have your own grill, man." I remind him.
"Family gathering." Pope explains it.
"And you have better one." Sar adds.
"I haven't used it yet!" I cross my arms.
"Well, we can try it then so you would know if it's good." she waves her hand at me dismissively and turn to Kie.
"So, anything new you would like to share?" Sar asks her.
"In fact I do, I'm glad you are all here so I wouldn't have to say it twice." Kie says with straight face. I raise my eyebrows not sure what does she wants to tell them since we haven't had time to talk properly.
"About what?" Sara smiles.
"The bomb attact. Isn't that why you're here? You walked out so soon this morming I haven't had a chance to tell you and you wanted to know." Kie states.
"I had more important thing to tell you this morning, remember that? Maybe we could hear about it after, also." Sar looks between us.
"Oh, you said something this morning? Jeez, I don't remember I was still pretty out of my head from the attack." Kie lies. Sar frowns, so does the others. Now it's me who has straight face on not letting out how amused I am of how well she covered it.
"Do you want to remind her, J?" Sar snaps her head at me while the others only watch.
"Sorry, I was pretty out of my mind from the fight we had." I say truthfully. I haven't forget but things changed rapidly so I hope when Kie and I have the chance to talk tonight, we won't fight about it again but maybe talk about it calmly.
"Right, what was that about anyway?" JB decides to chip in.
"None of your business." Kie and I say at the same time.
"I see." he closes his eyes at us and looks from one to the other.
"I'll kill you both. Soon." Sar shakes her head and we start to prepare the grill and the sitting area outside.