15|Kiara

"What's going on?" Thea asks me from the backseat.
"I don't know." I say truthfully.
"But they are in good hands now, okey? Everything will be okey." I add.
"Are we going to the hospital?" Toby asks.
"No, I'll drop you off at Nana's and she'll take care of you while I found out what happened." I explain my plan.
"But when you wake up tomorrow morning, I'm sure I'll have more answers for you." I kind of lie. I have no idea what's wrong with them.
"Okey." Thea whispers.

I drop them at Nana's 20 minutes later and make a beeline to the hospital. I meet Colby in the main lobby.
"Any news?" I ask.
"They think it's poison. The police is testing the glass John B was holding when he collapsed and they are searching the kitchen too. They are also looking for the guy who served them the beers and water for the Pogues." he says.
"There's also the thing that it shouldn't have been Jack in that bed, Kie. He took your beer, which means someone is after the 6 of you." he whispers.
"Who? Why?" I raise my eyebrows confused.
"You were tight when you were younger, maybe revenge for something? I don't know, but I know you were the targets. No one else was sick. This was intentional." he looks into my eyes.
"They are in one room with police escort outside just to be sure." he nods and we make our way to their room.
"Amelia is on her way with reinforcement." he says on the way.
"They'll be landing in 2 hours." we stop outside the room and I look inside through the little window. They are hooked to IV line with their eyes closed.
"If it's poison, do they have an antidote?" I ask Colby because I haven't seen any doctor around.
"They are waiting for the results from the testing. They need to know what kind of poison it was." Colby explains and we walk in. We take a seat on the couch under the window and we wait.

What else we can do, right?

***

The tests comes an half hour later and fortunately the hospital do have antidote for this kind of poison. However, they are still out as a light and we have to wait if the doctors made it in time and the poison didn't spread.

When Amelia gets in here, I know she has bad news bearing with her.
"What?" I ask.
"This wasn't random. We were right, you were targeted." she states and looks around us.
"Tell us, whatever it is you know." I cross my arms ready for the worst.
"You are not the only targets. Apparently, so is your family members." she shows us a picture on her phone.
"Oh my God." I cover my mouth with my hand.
"It's LJ." I say it out loud and look up at her.
"We located his phone GPS, but I don't think that whoever took him just forgot to trash the phone somewhere. I think we were supposed to find him." she explains.
"Or... they are that stupid. I mean make it more obvious who you are targeting, right? Mostly the perp hides who he's or she's really after. They like to keeps us on our toes and make the targets terrified." I shrug.
"Might be. I also have another theory to add into the mix." Amelia looks at me.
"I think it's the same person who killed sheriff Shoup. You know, to lure you back to Outer Banks. To get you all back on the same place so they could make their move on you." she explains.
"It was high chance that second murder of Sheriff in this small town will get the attention higher and who's the best for the job than someone who lived here." she adds.
"That makes sense." Colby nods.
"That's horrible to be honest." I shake my head in disbelieve.
"Well, we don't know for sure but I am planning rescue mission for the boy. It's an empty building as long as we know, we make a move when the sun goes down so if they are waiting, they won't see us coming. I'll text you when we have the game plan." she nods at the room where my friends are lying to tell us we should stick here for now and leaves.

We wait for a while but finally one by one they start to wake up.
"Welcome back to the living land." I say to Sarah who's the first one.
"Jesus, that's one hell of a hangover." she places her hand on her forehead.
"About that." I take a breath.
"You were, ehm, kind of poisoned at the Midsummers." I tell her truthfully.
"What? What does kind of mean?" she sits up.
"Okey, lie back down." I push her back.
"It wasn't kind of, you were poisoned. All five of you and Jack, who actually took my beer so, originally it was supposed to by the six of us." I explain better.
"What? Why? By who?" she looks around her.
"We don't know exactly why. We know you were targeted though, no one else was sick. Also we don't know who did it. We have a picture of the guy who served the beers and the water for Cleo, but we haven't found him yet and I didn't recognize him either so I think he was just hired to do this, or he had no idea. Someone else could have slipped it in the drinks in the back where are no camera feeds." I answers her questions.
"Tell me I heard that wrong." John B speaks up from the next bed.
"I heard it too so the chances she says we heard wrong is very slim, bro." Pope looks at me.
"Sorry, you heard right." I nod.
"Well, that's just great. When are we moving back to D.C.?" he asks.
"Eh, what happened?" Cleo sits up.
"Why are we in the hospital! The baby?" she turns to Pope.
"The baby's okey, the doctors checked. But you were poisoned, we don't know why or by who. We know for sure you were targets and unfortunately, this is just the beginning." I repeat her.
"Tell me I heard wrong." I snap my head at JJ. He looks into my eyes and I can finally feel the relief.
"That's what I said!" John B chuckles.
"This is not the time, JB!" Sarah reminds him.
"You heard right." I nod.
"Why did you say this is just the beginning? How do you know?" he asks.
"Look, it's classified." I stand up.
"Alright, don't tell us the details but we have the right to know, right?" JJ looks at the rest.
"Someone else was targeted, I guess. He was taken from the midsummers when all the attention was on you. But we know where he is and we are planning rescues mission. We head out with the sun set." I tell them.
"Okey, maybe he was the target and we were just the distraction." JJ offers.
"Trust me, you were the targets, but this is all I can tell you right now." I state.
"Why am I here then? I barely know these people." Jack speaks up. I turn to him.
"You took my drink, remember? Thanks for that, very appreciated." I shoot him a smile.
"And you say I never did something for you!" he shakes his head.
"Is he serious?" I turn to Colbs.
"Just shut up, Jack." he stands next to me.
"Look, you have police standing right outside your room and the kids are with Nana. Just rest and we'll stop by tomorrow to discuss what measures needs to be done so you'll stay safe and out of the hospital bed." I smile.
"Or the morgue." Jack adds.
"Shut. Up." Colbs gives him another look.
"Whatever he says, just ignore him." I point my thumbs at Jack and look at the Pogues.
"I'll be a sweetheart." Jack smiles ironically.
"One more word and I have you transfer to another room." I say.
"Without the police outside, maybe then we'll finally get rid of you." I add.
"You are threatening to an FBI agent." he reminds me.
"It's your word against mine because no one else heard it." I smile victoriously, he just shakes his head.