7|Kiara

You have to be kidding me. Why is he here? Why?! Why can't he just hate me and stay away? Be a lot easier not going to lie.

"What?" he shows up next to me, which frightens me even more because Jack might see his silhouette from outside. Well, he might not know it's JJ but two adult silhouette would be enough for him to barge in here.

I push JJ away from the window and pin him to the wall between the door and window. I freeze when I realize how close I got to him and by his face, so does he.
"Stay here and don't make a sound." I whisper and move back to the window. Jack just locked his car and makes his way to his room but then he stops when he notices JJ's car. 
"Fuck." I whisper. I'm on high alert because of Jack that I'm totally forgetting the bells in my head which reminds me that JJ doesn't have a clue what's going on and I want to stay that way.

Jack comes closer and looks around, then he changes his direction and comes to my door. I bypass JJ who looks torn of what to do here and I lock it before Jack can just walk in here. Minute later he tries of course but the door doesn't let him in. I sigh in relief but then JJ's decides to speak up.
"What's going on?" he whispers kind of, but it's still pretty loud. I shoot him a look which shuts him up.
"Get into the bathroom, lock the room and for fuck sake, don't make a sound until I tell you to. Got it?" I whisper while pushing him in that direction.
"You can't be serious!" he whisper yells.
"Kiara! Open the door!" Jack knocks on the front door. I look back at them and try to push JJ faster but man he's stubborn.
"Jayj, please." I look back at him, but he grabs my wrist which I was using to push him back.
"I don't know what's going on, but I'm not leaving this room." he states.
"Is anyone there with you?!" Jack bangs at the door louder.
"Fine, stand behind the door and be a wall, got it?!" I let him stand there and then crack the door open a bit.
"What?" I look into Jack's eyes.
"I was sleeping for god's sake." I say squeezing the door so tight my chuckles turn white. Jack looks behind me.
"Mind if I come in? I need to talk to you." he steps forward.
"Yes, I do mind actually. It's almost 10 which means we are off work, so I don't have to talk to you." I state. 
"You can tell me in the morning, good night." I try to close the door but he doesn't let me.
"Where's my daughter?" he frowns.
"She's my daughter and I don't have to tell you, you lost that rights and don't pretend you even care." I remind him.
"So you are alone?" he scoffs.
"Like I'm going to believe that." he shakes his head.
"It's none of your business if I have a brothel in here. We are divorced, I can do whatever the hell I want in my free time, so do you." I step forward too and push him away.
"Leave me alone because my patience with you is slimmer everyday and deal or no deal, I'll make your life a living hell if you keep this up." I push him again.
"Don't call me or come close to me when we are off work or I'll make that call. I'm done with your shits." I state.
"You little bitch!" he tries to get into my face but I'm faster and shut the door in his face. I lock them and finally take a breath.

"Are you okey?" I snap my head at JJ who I totally forgot he's still here.
"Uhm, fine." I say and move to the window.
"Sorry about that." I whisper as he steps forward.
"What the hell was that?" he asks me when he stops next to me. 
"Jack, he's..." I shake my head.
"He's a lot to take." I say.
"He's more than a lot." JJ states.
"Was it him who called you at the beach and freak you out so much?" he asks. I turn my head at him.
"He didn't freak me out." I roll my eyes trying to lighten up the mood.
"Yeah, he did. Bailey was freaked out." he reminds me the look on her face.
"It's fine, you are reading thing into this when there's none." I lie.
"Yeah, okey." he nods.
"One more question." he makes a pause.
"Why is your daughter at my place then when clearly you are not doing anything? Why did you need baby sitter?" he asks. I take a deep breath.
"Could you just let it go?" I turn my head at him.
"She just wanted to spent some time with Kev." I cross my arms.
"She didn't look particularly happy though. I don't think it was her idea at all." he see through my lies.
"You can't lie to me about this Kie. Do you know how many lies I had come up with because of my dad? How many excuses I had to make?" he looks firmly into my eyes.
"It's not like that, okey? Jack's not a Luke." I lie. He shakes his head.
"You are terrible liar, Carrera." he states.
"He's not. He's loud? Sure. He's angry a lot? Also true. But he doesn't hit us." I lie again. I don't want him to know, then he might do something stupid. 
"I don't believe you." he states.
"Why do you even care? You are supposed to hate me! You called me in the middle of the night to even tell me that!" I throw my hands into the air.
"This has nothing to do with it. This is more serious." he explains.
"Also, like I said you are making it too easy for us to hate you. You want us to hate you and now I'm thinking you might need us to hate you so we would stay away and you could keep this a secret, which truthfully I don't get." he fist his hands by his sides.
"None of that is true." I lie again.
"You are full of lies tonight." he shakes his head.
"The only thing I don't get is why." he thinks for a second.
"You said something about a deal with him. What was that about? What does he have on you to keep you quiet?" he looks into my eyes again.
"Okey, JJ, that is enough. You made this whole story about what's going on between me and Jack but you are all wrong. We just got a messy divorced and he's angry about that. Nothing more. Okey?" I have to make him believe me.
"Why hide me then? Why couldn't he see me?" he asks.
"We are divorced only about a week, he would read into why are you here and Bailey isn't and he... would be hurt." I lie once again.
"I don't buy it for a second just so you know." he shakes his head.
"Whatever." I roll my eyes. 
"Let's just go. Bailey needs to get some sleep." I rush him out to his car and hope Jack isn't watching. Then I get into my own and follow him to his house where I pick up my daughter.