4|JJ

"She's un-fucking-believable." I say when they drive away.
"I have mixed feeling about this." Sarah shoots us a look.
"My feeling are straight. I hate her and can't wait for her to be gone again." I say but it doesn't sit right. I mean it's the truth but deep down it feels like a lie.

Mixed feelings, got you Sarah. I don't say it out loud though.

"I don't know." John B shrugs.
"Wasn't it weird how Bae reacted? She was trying to protect Kie like she was in actual danger." he adds and looks at me.
"I would never hit her! I can hate her all right but I would never." I state the fact.
"We know, but... like I said. It was weird." John B shakes his head.
"I mean she's an FBI agent, she's probably in danger a lot. We don't know if something happened to her on the job to make Bailey react like this." Cleo says. I take a deep breath realizing she's right. She's probably in danger a lot, which doesn't sit well with me.
"She chose to leave us in the dark." I state so I would remind myself I hate her. I do.
"Let's just forget about her, she probably did already." I turn around and head back to the playground. They follow me.

***

I'm alone in my new hause hours later and I still think about her.
"Fuck me!" I sigh.
"Why did you have to come back?" I add and bury my head into the pillows.

I grab my phone before I can't change my mind and clicking on her cell phone. If she even uses it.

"Are you okey?" she picks up almost immediatelly.
"Don't ask me that. You have no right to ask that question." I sit up.
"I'm sorry, it's just you haven't used my number in years. I thought there wouldn't be any other reason for you to call me if you weren't dying or something." she says.
"I hate you." I get to the point. She stays quiet for a while.
"I know." she sighs.
"You have every right to." she adds.
"I know. I had to remind you so you wouldn't get any ideas to making your way back to us." I lie. I had to remind myself.
"It's better if I don't. You are right without a question." she says.
"This is too easy. You making it easy for us to keep on hating you." I realize.
"We are not good for each other. Well, I'm not good for you." she states which pisses me even more than before.
"When are you leaving?" I ask.
"When I solve the case." she answers.
"Can't you give it to someone else by any chance?" I ask.
"No. They chose me for a reason. I lived here, I know the place. Also this is the FBI, you do what you are told." she explains.
"Fine, just... stay away." I state.
"Don't worry. I will." she agrees.
"Bad night." I say.
"That's not a thing, Jayj." she almost chuckles. This was not the plan.
"Can't wish you a good night. It's you and I hate you. Remember? That's why I said bad night." I explain.
"I remember. Don't worry. You should remember it too. Write it down because it's important you don't forget." I roll my eyes.
"Yeah, that's not gonna happen. I have 6 years to back up my hate." I remind her.
"And 11 years of love." she reminds me which makes my heart hurt.
"That will do, now I officially never forget. Wish you the worsest night in history. JJ out." I say and end the call still hearing her laughing before I manage to hung up.

"I do hate her." I say to no one.

New text pings to interupt my thinking so I read it.

FROM: Kie <3
The bestest night to you.

"Fuck me." I shake my head.

TO: Kie <3
🖕🏼

I really should change her ID name but every time I have tried in the past or even delete her phone number from my phone, I couldn't do it. Neither of those things.

I throw my phone on the night stand and try harder to fall asleep. 

***

I shoot up into a sitting position when my door bell rings. I check the time and see it's 4 a.m. I sigh and go get the door. 

"Hi. Again." Kie's standing in front of my in he PJ's. 
"What..." I shake my head. 
"So, something happened and..." she starts.
"No." I close the door in her face but she stops them with her hand. 
"It's LJ." she states which gets my attention. 
"Is he okey?" I open the door again. 
"Uhm, I don't know. Kinda. Something must have happened with Luke at home, he didn't really share but he needs a place to crash and he won't ask you. He came to my motel room but given the circumstances he's a witness in my case, it could seem... weird." she looks over to her car. 
"So, can he stay here for the night?" she looks back at me. 
"Of course he can." I nod and she waves a hand at the car, but LJ is way to stubborn to get out. 

"Just one sec." she makes her way down the stairs and open the passenger seat door's. I lean against my door frame waiting and wondering how these two are so close. 

"Come on, LJ." I hear Kie say. 
"Just give him a chance, he's great, you'll see." she nods at him and after another minute LJ gets out with skateboard in one hand and bag pack in the other. 
"I hate you." he says to Kie on the steps up. 
"See, that's one thing you have in common. Talk about that." she pats his back before he barges in without even looking at me. 
"I'll stop by your house tomorrow to see if Luke's still there, okey?" she shouts. 
"NO." I step forward at that. 
"Thanks!" LJ shouts instead and I hear he chose a room to lock himself in. 

Kie turns her head back at me. 
"LJ can't stay here forever, Jayj. He's a minor and unfortunately Luke has rights. You have none. I have to check so we'd know it's safe for LJ to go home." she explains. 
"He's dangerous, you know that." I remind her. 
"And I have a gun, so..." she shrugs. 
"Night." she waves me off and head back to her car. 
"Yeah, night." I shake my head and shut the door.