8|JJ

"Heey!" John B opens his door the next morning.
"We were right." I state and come inside without invitation.
"Okey, I'll bite. About what?" he closes the doors and follow me to the living room where is only Sarah on her phone.
"About Kie's ex." I sit down and look at the both of them. Then I tell them what happened yesterday.
"Are you sure? I mean it doesn't add up." Sarah says.
"What doesn't add up, Sarah?" I turn my head at her.
"First off, she's an FBI agent, she has a training, she could take him and she has a gun. Also I don't think he would sign the divorce papers." she states.
"He lost his rights over Bailey, don't you think there had to be some good enough reason?" I ask.
"Right, JB?" I look at the lawyer in the family.
"You are right." he nods.
"But you would be surprised how many good enough reasons are there to lose your rights over your child." he adds.
"She was lying, okey? Something is wrong with that guy and he was the one who called her at the beach and she was terrified. You saw it." I remind them.
"It's a big accusation. Also you don't have a prof and she denied it." John B points out.
"I'm not taking this to a court so cut it. I just need your opinion. You can see the signs and still don't have prof. Guys like him are careful about that, shit most of the times you didn't even know about my dad. And like you said Kie has an FBI training and a gun but so does he." I look back at Sarah.
"I mean, as a lawyer you know there are only a few cases the abuser gets prison time. Mostly he gets free for lack of evidence or because he's handsome. Now add he's an FBI agents, the chances he would go to prison if Kie said something are even smaller, right?" I look back at JB.
"Right." he leans back into his seat.
"Say you are right, what do we even do? She's not even talking to us." Sarah reminds us.
"That's the other part, I think she wants us to hate her so we wouldn't had find out." I state.
"But why we would have helped. She's family." John points out.
"Why else would she cut us out out of nowhere? It all happened when Jack came around. I did the math." I say.
"And there was nothing going on back then, we all thought about it." I add.
"But she's divorced now, why wouldn't she explain or something? Like you said she still wants us to hate her." Sarah leans forward thinking.
"Okey guys, let's sum it up. We are not talking, we don't know anything for sure and we are like 99% sure she wants that to stay it like this." John exchanges a look between us.
"So, what do we do?" I ask.
"It depends." he says.
"We decide this is the case and we barge back into her life even if she doesn't want, last time we didn't put up a fight because we were hurt and angry." he explains his plan.
"But we have to accept that it might not be true and we forgive her even though she might not have had a reason. We need to be in peace with both because otherwise this would be all pointless." he adds.
"Also, we would have to take it slow, because if she has a reason, we might freak her out by barging back out of nowhere." he gives both of us a look.
"I'm in, either way. We know Kie, we really know her. She would never do this without a reason, we were just blinded by the anger and shock and hurt to see past it." Sarah nods.
"Yeah, I'm in too." I nod and the both of us look at John B.
"We never leave a Pogue behind, right?" he smiles and nods.
"Now, we need to bring Pope and Cleo up to speed but I guess they will get on board too." John B text them next.

"What now then?" I ask.
"We make the surfing thing happen. At least now my kids are good for something." he smiles and shoots another text to Kie.
"You still mad at them?" I chuckle.
"Very." Sarah smiles.
"Mean kids." he shakes his head.

Pope and Cleo stop by an hour later and we discuss the same thing and like we thought they get on board.
"But remember, nice and slowly. She can't see us coming." I remind them.
"Right." all of them nods.
"She still didn't text back, I guess she's working but we know she'll do it for Bailey, so we go and buy the kids some surfs." John B gets up.
"And to us, the old ones are pretty useless now." Pope reminds him.
"You do realize, I can't still surf right?" Sarah looks at John B.
"Me neither and I don't think I'll be able to with this dumb." Cleo points at her stomach where she's caring their unborn daughter.
"You can admire us from the beach, babe." Pope kisses her cheek.
"And plan your murder, sounds fun." Cleo adds. 
"Oh hey, Kie can solve your murder. Another thing to get close again." Sarah jokes.
"Funny." Pope rolls his eyes. 

Sarah goes grab the kids from outside where they were playing and we get into two cars. I'm riding with the Haywards which is pretty annoying since all they do in the ride is to argue about the name for their little girl who should be here any time soon.