21|Kiara

Amelia comes back with Jack half and hour later.
"You got something?" I ask her when I step away from the Pogues who fortunately haven't had any more questions.
"Can we step outside?" she asks and nods at me to follow her.
"Shouldn't we hear it too? This about us, isn't it?" JJ shows up next to me.
"It's confidential. You don't need to know everything, we'll tell you the important things. This is not one of them." she looks at him annoyed.
"Now, shall we?" she turns back to me.
"Is it safe though? Isn't Kie target too?" John B asks this time.
"Okey, guys, calm down." I shoot them a look.
"I'll be right back." I state before we step outside.
"We got nothing useful from him. He called his lawyers and didn't want to talk to us at all, which tells me he either knows something or he's on it." she says.
"You could have told me that inside." I raise my eyebrows.
"It's not the only thing I wanted to talk about." she crosses her arms.
"I wanted to make sure the announcement went just as we talked about and we are on the same page here." she says firmly.
"You like to disobey my orders after all." she adds.
"It went just as you told me to, don't pretend I'm okey with this, but I listened my orders. You don't have to worry about this anymore. Let's just concentrate on keeping me and my family safe." I say with the same harsh tone she used.
"Okey." she nods after a moment of silence and just staring.
"I brought you a new car so you could get to work on time." I take the keys from her.
"Thanks." I say and head back inside.
"You are going in the wrong direction, Carrera." Jack shouts behind me. He was waiting down the stairs.
"I don't actually." I turn to him.
"I'm staying here now." I add, he frowns.
"The hell?" he steps forward.
"Don't start again!" Amelia gets between us which takes attention from the inside.
"Okey, now." she walks in to do classic damage control by distracting everyone. I follow her, Jack unfortunately too.

"I understand you want to go home. All three houses will have an FBI agents outside 24/7 for protection. If you are going somewhere, tell us and we make the arrangements but keep it to minimum. Best case... work and shopping. Got it?" she looks between the Pogues.
"Kiara's staying here to make it easier for us since she's also target and you are not all over the place." she adds.
"Now, everyone out and good night to you." she says as he passes JJ.
"You know where's the door." I say to Jack who's not moving. He just shakes his head and leaves without another argument.

5 minutes later, it's only the 3 of us. LJ is still with Kev and I don't have enough energy to ask questions about that.
"Come on Bails, let's go crash. It's been a day." I wave at her. I give her a bath and I put her in one of JJ's shirt to sleep in. Tomorrow we need to get our stuff from the motel.
"Are you hungry? You haven't eaten anything." JJ asks me when I get back to the kitchen.
"Just tired." I tell him truthfully.
"I was just coming to tell you I'm stealing another shirt to sleep in and I'll stop by for our stuff in the motel tomorrow." I explain.
"Okey." he nods.
"Take whatever you want." he smiles. I chuckle.
"I'm also using your shower because I don't want to wake up Bae. She's already asleep. Was tired as hell." I howl when I head for his room.
"Use the bed too if you like, I don't care." he shouts after me. I chuckle again and grab some shirt from his walk-in-closet. Then I enjoy long hot shower.

"That was amazing." I announce when I walk back into his room and he's watching something on the TV.
"What are we watching?" I don't even ask him and lie down on the other side.
"The Rookie." he says as he plays another episode.
"Where are you? Will I get it?" I ask.
"You'll be asleep before any action starts." he announces.
"No, I won't. I watch an episode with you and then I move to Bae's." I tell him.
"Yeah, right." he chuckles.
"Want to bet?" I raise my eyebrows when I look at him.
"Sure. About what?" he asks.
"Alright, who looses has to make breakfast tomorrow." I say the first thing that comes to my mind.
"I'll wake you up at 8." he nods and looks back at the TV. He switches the light off with remote and we watch in silence.