"Of course, ha-ha-ha. I always take a very good care of my investment. And their contribution to my company is currently still number one." Mr. Kim give his own self a toast.

Mr. Kim sense a slight changes on your face. Which is why he quickly added, "I always make sure they get a fair share of their hard work."

The more you talk to him the more you can't keep a straight face, the more you realized you don't value the same thing. Eventually your fake laughter worn out, all that's left is an awkward chuckle.

"Out of curiosity, daepyonim, I heard you have a plan to debut a new group?" The tip of your fingers brushed against the silver knife, touching it slightly.

"Correct, correct. In business we always need innovation so yes, yes, probably in one or two years." He poured some more wine into his glass.

You hummed while diverting your eyes to your unfinished food. The steak look bloody appetizing yet your appetite has evaporated into thin air. You wonder if Rena hadn't said anything to you, would you've had the same response to the CEO as you do now. The more you talk to him, the more everything he says sound so cliche for you.

"With all due respect, daepyonim." You stab a piece of meat with your fork and leave it as it is, "Let's say this new group brings you more profit, What would you do?"

For the first time since you met him, Mr. Kim finally seemed to think before he speak. He unbuttoned his suit while leaning against his seat.

"I'll switch the priority, of course. Business is business. They want popularity, I give it to them. I want profit, they work for it." The fact that Mr. Kim didn't laugh as much as he did before indicates he'a quite serious about the topic.

He manages to surprise you again when his assistant returns just after he looks at the door. You even glance at the door to make sure there's no glass or window to peek in. The assistant handed him two document folders, one thicker than the other. Mr.Kim opened the thicker one first, flipped through the front few pages then pushed it towards you.

"I already have plans for them for the next three years. Including big concerts."

He didn't lie when he said that. You witness with your own eyes how big the budget he already plan for all the promotions, even for the smallest promotion event. It gives you pride when you see there are new countries added to the concert list, which means their popularity is growing.

"Which is why I need to make sure their popularity keep growing. Or else everything planned will go to a taste." Mr. Kim now open the the other folder, flipping through some pages but keep it on his lap, "What do you think about our plans for Seventeen?"

You stopped turning the page when you saw their last concert photo. Even though you've witnessed it yourself how exhausted they were on the backstage, you also witnessed how bright their smiles were when they interacted with the fans. A single photo is able to make you remember everything again like a movie loop.

"I think...three years from now you'll think you should have made bigger plans, because I'm sure they could go far beyond this." You said as you run your fingers on the photo one last time before closing it, "They shine the brightest when they're on stage. Ever since, I haven't seen anything brighter."

Mr. Kim seems pleased with your answer. He then asked, "What do you think motivated them to shine?"

"Their fans."

"Their popularity." He corrected, "No popularity, no fans. No fans, no concerts. No concerts, well.. It's a failure for idols if they don't have fans."

"That's a bit harsh." You replied with a polite tone, "In my humble opinion."