Chapter 14.2: Ep 7/1

Win did not want to continue arguing with him, so he pretended to nod in agreement, with his eyes still slyly looking outside.

"Okay okay my fault. Can you let me go now?"

"Not yet"

Sound seemed pleased with Win's cooperative attitude. To be honest, he found that when Win did not open his mouth to curse at him, he looked much more docile and cute.

"You came to participate in the rap battle, right?"

Win wanted to beat this guy up when he still would not let go of him. For him now, the rap battle was in second place to the task of tracking down that damned man.

"No."

Win managed to exhale as calmly as possible.

"I just came to the wrong place."

His hand was still unceasingly undoing Sound's pinned fingers on his arm

"Now you can let me go."

Seeing Sound's heavy frown, Win took this time to get out and run away. But Sound was like a clinging hungry leech, he ran after him and grabbed him, again.

"Ai'Sound, what the fuck do you want from me?" Win squirmed in the other's tight grip.

"You calm down" Sound held onto him even tighter. "Look at your clothes. You dressed up like this and you dare say you're not coming for the contest?"

Win wanted to bang this guy on the head again, it was true that he was here for the contest, but Illus was right there, in his sight and reach, and he would not let that bastard get away that easily.

"If it's because of me, I'm sorry." Sound genuinely said, he did not want this personal friction between them to accidentally ruin Win's opportunity. Anyway, it seems that Win's life since meeting Sound has always been abject like this. Even though Sound did not have time to worry about other people's business, he did not want to become the target of Win's curse. "I won't make it difficult or pressure you."

"No"

Win did not seem to mind Sound's honest words. He just wanted to get out of this grip quickly to handle his own business. It was too bad that he could not swing his fist with Sound because of his previous unpleasant experiences. He did not want to be photographed and become the target of everyone's criticisms once more.

Speaking of which, it seems that Illus's motives were not simply just to bully Gun, but deeper than that. If he just wants to bully, he can completely defeat Gun with his massive physique, not necessarily to steal Gun's backpack with his sister (Win guessed that) and rummage through it.

Tinn had done a lot for the music club, and Win did not want Tinn's reputation to be ruined in this way. Win knows Tinn did not deserve this.

Tinn's withdrawal from the election due to a fraud scandal has exploded on the forum for a few days. It was rumored that Tinn was helping some mysterious person with their college application essay. People said that most likely it was Gun. But Win knew that was only half the truth.

Por had told him that the one behind hiring Tinn to cheat was Illus. He could not doubt Por's information, but Illus' actions were inexplicable because exposing Tinn only made his cheating easier to expose. Perhaps, this is also half of the truth.

The other half was right in front of his eyes, but he could not catch it.

Because of this stubborn person.

"It's not your fault though. We're over."

Sound's face becomes even more dull gray.

"I mean we should let go of the previous quarrel" Win corrected himself "t-to become... f-friend?"