Chapter 16.1: Ep 8/1

Names in italic refer to the person themselves in another loop.

_______

A row of tall trees covered the roadside around their school. Every time the sun rises, the canopy will catch the bright rays and cast its shadow on the ground. Towards the end of the afternoon, the tree's shadow lengthens and gradually fades as the sun slowly sets.

Tinn walked forward step by step, his heart still silently wondering if he was too much or not when he said such words to Gun. Initially, he only intended to be cold to Gun in order to teach him a lesson about not being impolitely, but surprisingly Gun let jealousy take control of himself and even behaved even worse than that.

Watching the remnants of sunlight gradually disappearing on the ground, Tinn pondered if Gun had obediently returned home or continued to cry in front of the school gate like that. Normally, Gun would always follow Tinn everywhere, except after school. Because Tinn said that he couldn't follow him all the way home, that's illegal.

That helped Tinn realize that, except for two evenings when Gun had to stay at their school to practice music, the rest of the week he would go straight home after school.

Gun is quite naive and foolish, from Tinn's point of view. The proof is that he is always clumsy expressing all his feelings and thoughts through his face and actions. So, every day, Tinn silently watches the figure of the little person disappearing at the end of the street, where many vehicles are gathered, to make sure he gets home safely.

But today is not so.

The two had a big quarrel, and Tinn just turned away, leaving Gun alone in his sorrow in front of the school gate.

Tinn's footsteps slowed, he turned around. Their school is located right next to the road, so there is always a lot of traffic, especially at after school time.

Does that idiot know how to get up and go home?

Tinn's mind inquired, then his sobbing heart spurred his feet to run back toward their school.

The afternoon wind seemed to be torn by the youth's silhouette.

His heart was too young and dumb to realize that, in the first place, he never cared about those brownies that much.

Tinn ran so fast that his backpack, which was always neat on his shoulder, slid down to one arm. He stopped in front of the school gate and looked around inhaling, with his lungs still working hard to take in more air.

Around him, only a few students were waiting for their parents to pick them up or gathered in small groups to talk.

He's probably come back home already.

Tinn carefully lingered a while longer to be sure of his guess.

Just as he decided to turn his back to leave, a pulpy hiccup reached his ears.

Tinn stopped walking, it was clear that there was no one around the school gate now, so where did the hiccup come from?

After searching for a while, Tinn discovered a person curled up under a somber tree. Gun hugged his knees and sat there on the ground, quietly, only occasionally hiccuping, as the result of a burst of crying.

Tinn sighed and walked over to him. Gun's vision was still on the ground, following the journey of the retriever ants to their nest, then suddenly a familiar black shoe appeared.