Chapter 10.1: Ep 4/2

Yo placed his hands on the table and gave Gun a puzzled expression. Because the boy who had just transferred into their class today was sitting right next to Gun. Of fact, he is none other than Sound Saran – a popular young guitarist – and also an extremely familiar person to them. For Chinzhilla, this was the guy who was in trouble with Win that day, but for Gun, things were more than that.

A few minutes ago, the teacher brought a boy into their class and introduced himself as a new student. The most striking aspect of his appearance is not in the yellow jacket or gray hair, but the white gauze bandage wrapped on his forehead.

"Everyone, from today on, Saran will join us in this class."

In contrast to the whispers and howls from his classmates around and the questioning glances from the Chinzhilla band, Gun's reaction was unusually calm. Simply because he already knew Sound before the fight broke out, not just as a famous person, of course, but as a member of their band, his friend, and Win's boyfriend.

"Hi, all. I'm Sound."

Gun turned to glance at Win's reaction. On Win's forehead was still a patch of bandage just above his eyebrows. He crossed his arms over his chest, appearing unconcerned with what was going on around him. After that incident, Chinzhilla were told about the bizarre friction between Win and Sound. And to be honest, Gun felt that their squabble this time was even more intense than in his past. With this situation, the ability to turn the two of them from enemies to lovers was almost nil.

"Okay then. You can take any spot available."

The teacher smiled and nodded, and Sound went straight to the spot next to Gun and sat down, without waiting for anyone's invitation.

Gun rolled his eyes in sigh. He just met Sound in the hallway in front of the meeting room, maybe Sound went to the principal's office to complete his admission procedure. It was unknown how long Sound had been standing there, but Gun was startled by Sound's sudden appearance. He wanted to walk to the end of the hallway to strike up a conversation with Sound, but Sound was quickly surrounded by fellow students who recognized him.

Somehow, even though they had met before in that bar, Sound still ended up transferring to their school and into their class. Gun wondered whether the past's Sound had ever worked at that dreadful bar with those obnoxious people before joining the Chizhilla band.

And the situation was not conducive at all for them to invite Sound to join Chinzhilla, and even if Gun desired to, the others might not have readily accepted. This is their final year in high school, and Gun really wants to stand on the Hot Wave stage again, not to win any award, but just to fulfill his unmet wishes.

Could everything return to the right track, when the school board still refused to disengage Tin?

Gun scratched his head, he bent over his desk to fall asleep and could not listen to any lectures that day.

He did not have time to ponder about Sound since Tinn's budget-cutting story was not over. He was worried about how much the school board still wanted to extract from Tinn, as the amount continued to increase indefinitely. Further budget cuts are certain to fuel discontent among the clubs, especially since the money will be utilized in the school president election. If only it was possible, Gun would have given Tinn the position of school president immediately, as no one would be worthy of that position rather than Tinn. It was Tinn and always will be Tinn.

Gun could not picture what it would be like if the school president was not Tinn, as much as he did not want to think about it. Will the sky and ground crumble in front of his eyes if that day comes? But for him, at the moment Chinzhilla lost in the final of the Hot Wave competition, things went back to normal. Maybe just the grief contained in the losers' hearts thickened. But, like the high and low tides, all the sad things will fade away gingerly. After the tsunami passed, the calmest thing was the sea.