Chapter 12.1: Ep 6/1

As the chilly wind slipped through leaves and melted into the air and the early morning sunshine started dancing on each delicate petiole, Gun knew that the weather at the start of this week was especially lovely. Rarely does Thailand see its weather this nice and bright, but Gun was no longer in the mood to enjoy it.

Infinite blackness enveloped the little room in Mrs Gim's shop. The solid window frame keeps the early rays from shining through the curtains and onto the icy floor. Gun buried his entire body in the blankets, which were so hot that he sweated. He rolled around and struggled for a while, making the bed sheets unsightly wrinkled.

After The Secret Letter Night ended, the students all returned home to enjoy their short weekend. Unlike usual, this weekend of Gun was loaded with worries and concerns. These letters that Tinn gave him that day were still lying on the table since the minute they entered this room. And as long as Gun raised his head slightly from the head of the bed, he could see that lonely stack of letters.

No one can imagine how much Gun wanted to ruin that beautiful moment. He wanted to shove those letters back into Tinn's hands and run away, or perhaps jump right down there, blending and sinking into the damp muck that smelled like rain and grass. He really thought so, when there are so many details in the fantasy novel that the main character has to commit suicide to return to reality. But this is not a loop, no one can guarantee that after throwing himself down there and becoming a bunch of mushy slime, Gun will return to his Tinn, or at least, the other Gun will return to Tinn.

Gun vaguely realized that, if the different present was created by the different past, that meant this past was not his, nor the future's present he may experience. If in the past and present, he was not Gun, then the people around him probably were not themselves either.

It's hard to explain this cruel thing to everyone. Not everyone can understand the theories of time travel and not to mention those who would consider Gun a crazy weirdo who made up his own riddle story.

But Tinn deserves to know all these truths more than anyone. Because if Gun had to continue to hide this, he did not know if he would have to accept what was not his anymore.

The door of the room slowly opened, accompanied by a helpless sigh from Mrs Gim. She propped her hand against the wall, boredly asking her lazy son.

"How many more lessons do you want to miss?"

Gun buried his head under the pillow and kept snapping his feet.

"I don't want to go to school."

His mother walked over to the bed and tugged at the blanket that was wrapped around him, revealing a figure curled into a corner on the small bed.

"What's wrong? Does your crush already have a lover and refuse you?"

Mrs Gim had seen those letters on his table a few days ago. At first she had told herself that she would not be curious about her son's private affairs, but given the circumstances, she could not help but ask him straight away.

Gun heard that and struggled even more, scratching his head in his own confusing thoughts. The more he considered it, the more perplexed he grew. How wonderful it would be if he could sleep and wake up to find out that it was all just a dream.

Since that day, Gun has not dared to contact Tinn again. As for Tinn, while being busy with the upcoming election, still texts him every day. Every time seeing the lighted notification bar, Gun's heart felt like it was being severed. He did not want to ghost Tinn like that, but right now he thinks he's not calm enough to face Tinn.

He spent many nights thinking about why Tinn did not love him without realizing that, Tinn still loves him, maybe it's just that Tinn in this other world doesn't. It seems that all of his actions have made this time vortex even more wrong. What would happen if Tin, who shouldn't have loved him, falls for him now? Will this lead to more unforeseeable problems in Tinn's life?