Chapter 11.6: Ep 5

Start from the beginning

Although the terrace area is not too large, it is very airy and clean, with the balustrade decorated with tiny chandeliers like fireflies shining in the night sky.

Right in the middle of the terrace is a small stage set up temporarily with a chair, a guitar all attached with tiny flashing lights.

Gun still clung to Tinn's arm, fearing that once he stepped foot in this place, this beautiful illusion would vanish like a sponge.

"This... this is..." Gun choked on his words, there were many questions in his heart, and there were also many answers mixed with his broken emotions.

Tinn bowed faintly and reached out his hand in front of him in a professional greeting.

"Your special gift"

Gun felt his legs just fly off the ground and fell into the other 's chest. A cool breeze slowly crept into each corner of his shirt, chilling to the point of shivering. But he knew that his heart was burning like a small fire in his throbbing chest.

"T-Tinn" Gun felt his throat split in half, each sound was like falling into an empty oasis, unable to come out with words.

"I know, I know." Tinn knew that he was so emotional, so he slowly patted his back. "I'm right here."

Tinn hugged him to the railing, shifting gingerly to embrace him from behind. Tinn's two hands cling to the railing as solid as a forbidden cage, helping Gun leisurely relax his entire body, zooming out into the distance.

From this distance, they could see the entire scene below the schoolyard, where groups of students stood together and discussed extremely loudly. In the far distance are the street lights, crowded shops surrounding their school.

Gun restfully stood on tiptoe and reached out his hand to touch the stars. Layers of gusts of wind blew against his hand, brushing Gun's silky hair that fluttered back. He imagined that his hand had just touched the fluffy clouds that melted like butter. Lurking among those floating clouds were the tiny dots of dazzling stars.

Gun always treasures these little friends. Because his mother had trained him since childhood to have the habit of going to bed early, he rarely had the opportunity to silently admire the sky filled with the stars like this. His house was hidden by other tall buildings, so it was only when he returned to the countryside with his father when he was a child that he could enjoy lying in the fields watching the stars until the moon set on the horizon.

But that was really, really a long time ago.

The railing of the terrace is very low, only reaching their hips. The so-called railing is just a large barbed wire fence that is tightly wound together. When Gun leaned forward, his whole body seemed to rush out into the night wind. Tinn leniently wrapped his arms around his waist.

Gun was half a head shorter than Tinn, so when Gun leaned forward, he could completely obscure the person behind. His soft, silky hair was clemently pushed back by the wind, scratching Tinn's forehead as if he were whispering.

The two watched silently as their city changed at night. The so-called city, is a corner of the place where they were born and raised, the place where they spend their youth and find their youth here. Because this place has their family, friends, and lovers, that's why they consider it their city.

This city isn't lonely anymore.

The pulpally melodious song mumbled in Gun's head. This city has always had Tinn, but thanks to Tinn entering his heart, he feels that this city is no longer lonely.

Tinn rested his chin on his shoulder, humming aimlessly every line of the "City" song.

Gun's heart seemed to be watered with a sap of life. He dared not move, afraid that this moment would disappear in an instant. He closed his eyes slightly and hummed to Tinn's soft, clear voice.