Glorious Masquerade Pt. 3

Start from the beginning

"Has everyone of Night Raven arrived?" Rollo appears.

"Ah, Rollo! Are you here for the festivities too?" Trein smiled.

"Of course. I have invited all of you and as Student council president, it is my duty to attend. Is it alright if I join you? I wish to hear your responses to what is to come."

"Please do." Trein nods. Charlie has taken her seat once again beside Malleus, and Rollo took the seat beside her, much to her chagrin. But she acted composed and relaxed, trying not to freak out as Felicity took Grim off her hands. And Malleus forced Sebek to sit at another Table as Idia and Azul got their own seats. Sebek trudged over to where Riddle and Silver were sitting just as the Emcee appears onstage.

"Good evening, one and all! Today is not about the labor or lock, the time has come for our celebration!" He smiled. "Welcome to the Topsy-Turvy Festival!"

"What's the 'Topsy-Turvy Festival'?" Grim asks.

"It's a day where all participants can act as the festival claims: Topsy-Turvy. People spent a day as equals and nothing like title or status matters." Rook explains.

"So a rather informal party then?" Malleus inquired.

"You could say it's like that. Oh and...it's customary for all guests to wear masks."

"Ah! That way no one can know who you are and you can behave as mischievously as you desire!" Azul chuckled. Charlie did notice lots of stands that sold masks. But seeing a venue that came right out of the movie itself was amazing. She was so lost in the moment, she didn't even hear the retelling of Quasimodo and his history with Frollo, even if most of the story were lies. She knew the true story behind the fable. As did the other girls.

It seemed that they guys were unaware of the other piece of history that involved death and disaster. Nothing was written in history books, only that 'the city was dyed and engulfed by a a wave of crimson.' She tuned out what the others were speaking about as well as the Emcee. She shared a look with her friends and they gave her a knowing glance one back.

"And now dear guests and people of the City of Flowers! Please enjoy your time for the time to begin the Topsy-Turvy Festival...begins!" Confetti cannons were blown and rained down over the venue as people with colorful costumes began to celebrate. Dancing, live music and fireworks all around.

Charlie was pulled to her feet by Felicity when the music played and she was dragged to the dancing square, barely hearing Rollo say something that sounded extremely dark...

"Festivals are just gathering of shameless people who indulge in magic."

She barely had time to turn back when-

"Ah! A beautiful dress, my dear!" One of the owners of the mask stand smiled to her.

"Oh! Thank you!" She grinned and curtsied.

"And a beautiful mask must match such a beautiful dress no?" The stand owner smiled and from his back, he produced a beautiful Venetian mask. "Voila!"

 "Voila!"