Paternal Comebacks

The white door to Marion's apartment opens, in coming her in a red hugging strapped dress.

She's carrying a small cream-golden and oval minaudière. She closes the door, locks it and leans her back against it in a huff. Her eyes settle for the ceiling before she shuts them, blowing an invisible stream out of her mouth. She follows that with a purse of her lips, opening her eyes and focusing towards the vast glass window. She stares quite blankly for a minute, the movement of her chest a little deeper than normal.

Three firm but gentle knocks on the door startle her out of the trance, making her gasp. She sighs and asks for who awaits from the outside end.

"It's me, honey." A male voice answers calmly. The fostress sighs again, her shoulders slumping this time around. She relieves the door of her weight, turning to unlock it and open to reveal a taller figure with a simple smile on his ageing face. The young woman folds her arms while looking up at him, one of her legs bent. Her eyes take him in study, her lower lip folding a bit as well as her head shaking the same.

She turns as a smile grows ploddingly on her cute countenance, giving him space to come in. She closes the door, her lips an infold when the bloke enters. He's donning a cream-brownish polo shirt and fairly fitting jeans.

He walks to the middle of the room hands on waist

He walks to the middle of the room hands on waist. Marion follows closely behind him whilst the visitor's sight shoots towards the displayed suburb outside the window.

He makes a turn, looking behind him. Their eyes meet, his smile steady. The female is wearing a serious expression instead, only a threatening smirk trying to match the situation. Her arms are still folded as the pair stares into each other's eyes.

The fostress shakes her head again and walks past the fella, stopping inches from the window. The man's attention follows her movement, his hands falling to his sides before he raises them away in extension. The CID aide turns on her spot, shooting him a questioning look.