Divided

“Koke?” Marion calls, prompting a glimpse from the lad. “Why don't you pick the call?” Her voice is calm. Auntie Fina's son presses the power button once, consequently blacking the screen and terminating the device's tremor.

A look of complete surprise dominates his neighbour's expression. He steals another glance at her before he turns towards the small window, leaning forward with his hands as support means together with the sill.

“I guess you already know the story and its relations.” The dude mentions.

“Yeah. I know. But, for how long do you intend to avoid her? I guess that if she doesn't say anything for your liking, open up to her and....I've done everything, Marion. She's just a stone in my shoe.” Koke butts in.

“Get her out of your shoe then.”

“That doesn't work either. Even if I block her, she has already eaten into my mind.” The guy explains. The visitor maintains her eye contact with his for some seconds before backing out on it to look down with a sigh.

“Perhaps, when you came, shit kind of subsided. But now,....” He shakes his head. “It seems she's back.” He runs a hand through his ebony hair. The psychic shakes her head, her lips extending interiorly.

“And here I am, another burden in some way.” She says, looking sad. Koke sighs prior to the gadget vibrating again. It is a notification this time around. He and the fostress exchange unsure glances before the male firstborn swallows, tapping on his phone for the details.

Miss Mary: Hello Koke. Long time dude. I miss you so dearly. I don't know how you're doing but I hope you're okay dear. I hope you're alive and I hope you can read this message. Please, give me a reply or at least, pick my calls. If possible, you can call me back. Please, I really need to hear from you. My heart and thoughts are strong that you're alive and kicking and that you'll receive this message. Please, pick my calls. Please.

Shaking his head, he sighs so heavily. “Same crap.” He flashes his screen at Marion who shows almost no expression off her. “So, what should I tell her?” He places the device on the small table adjacent to them.

“I think it is better you reply, Koke.”

Miss Mary calls once more. On shifting his glimpse away from the screen, he shuts his eyes, sighs and subtly shakes his head. His lids let apart to catch the lady in his presence grabbing the phone from the surface and blacking it on the spot. She gestures for him not to try any silly move. “Uh-uh.” She warns, one of her palms facing Auntie Fina's son whilst the other keeps the gadget to her chest. “Don't” She insists after Koke's attempt to get near her, most probably for his phone. “You don't wanna touch me. Do you?”

Aldo's son blinks and sways his body about in a standing position. Catherina's daughter exhibits seriousness with whatever her plans are. “I read it off your mind that you were going to do something you'll painfully regret. So, dude, I'm keeping your phone until you cool down.” The lass states. Koke sighs in reaction before Marion does the same, not after touching her forehead while blinking severely. She presses the power button to check on the call situation and the screen shows it's still incoming. “She's still calling.” She reports to the device's owner, whose attention is already somewhere else but not her and the phone. He remains mute, not bothering his focus any bit. “I guess I should answer it and tell her to back off.” Suggests the one still holding the device captive.

The lad sighs for the hundredth time, acknowledging her presence with a look. The psychic's brows arch in waiting for his opinion. The younger firstborn glances between her and nowhere. The visitor decides to reject the call and Koke touches his mouth prior to his turn for the window.