Decided

They are mostly jolly during their kitchen time. Marion suggests that Koke's phone should be away from their vicinity for an uninterrupted experience.

“What if my mum calls?” The lad asks.

“Come on. She knows her son is under good and trustable care. You know what I mean. I am your caretaker at the moment. Your favourite nanny.” Her lips perk up into another of her sweet smiles. “She might as well hesitate to interrupt what she might be thinking of as a steamy interaction between two adults.” She maintains her countenance despite the other firstborn's prompt arch of his brows. “Plus, all you're thinking isn't the fact. I'm not reading your mum's mind and neither am I setting my or her traps for your case. I also think independently.” Her index finger points at Auntie Fina's son who's not in any attempt to comment. His lips only make a few movements but do not open for whatever reason.

The two bake two dozens of cookies, blend some fruits for a colourful smoothie and now they're chopping into the veggies. “Sorry for thinking about your mum that way. I know your thoughts are still unsettled with my comments.” Marion puts an end to a minutes-long tranquillity.

“After this, I need to hit the bathroom.” Koke says. The psychic eyes him suspiciously. “I dislike the smell of onions on my hands.” He adds on realising the look on the visitor's face.

The woman shrugs. “I have doubts about your reason but hey, I accept the explanation.”

“What do you mean?”

“Heh. Just know it's hard to understand and I don't want you to overwork your brain over it. Just let me know if you can invite me to help you scrub off the smell. Just in case.”

“Scrub or rub?”

“Whichever works for you.”

Koke shakes his head, a little smile winning territory on his visage. “I can read it off your mind that you're imagining me on top of you. Just say that you want me. Stop the bush beating.”

“Hmm. I imagine Auntie finding us.”

They both chuckle.

“We're meant to be a couple. But I'll see what to do about that.” The dude says.

“If you need my help in seeing what to do about it, I'm your nanny.”

Another light moment.

Next is a stound of rest as the food cooks. The lad is looking into his phone now that most of the prep is done with. Marion watches him from where she sits on a plastic stool, arms folded. Her eyes scrutinise the leaning guy interestingly and she looks vulnerable to being snapped out of a daydream.

Koke's attention on his device intensifies, his airy and silent laugh from a lopsided grin calling for the fostress's intervention. “New text?” She stands up almost immediately before turning for the steaming pan.

“Hmm. You won't believe this. Mary is re-offering me my job. Hmm.” He shakes his head and seals his lips. “She took over as manager, apparently.”

“Sounds interesting.” The kitchen mate mentions while stirring into the contents of the saucepan.

“Not really. I kind of saw it coming.”

“Alright, foreseer. So, what next?”

Auntie Fina's firstborn sighs. “This is breaking news. I have to think about it first.” He looks up at the ceiling in thought.

Auntie Catherina's daughter shrugs prior to her hesitant reply. “You can, you know....Take the bait and play safe. You're a survivor. She seduced you but you didn't fall in. I'm also a suggestive one for your case but I feel the strength of your resistance, belief and thoughts. I should guarantee you that you're even stronger now.” She saunters towards the dude, their frames barely touching when she ceases. All her focus is on him though he reciprocates not, probably only listening to her. “It is fine keeping your fears at bay cause the challenges against your perceptions are unpredictable. It's hard to tell if they can stop. You'll hold your ground. I trust you.” Her hand is already on his shoulder. “I'm confident that you're safer in Cuba than you're here or anywhere else. Just think about it. Think about your independence, your job. Just know there's an increment in your salary as well. The manager has a soft spot for you.” She pauses.