Textual Openness

“Koke.” Mary calls his name and prompts him out of the trance.

“Oh. I'm sorry. I'm really sorry. Um.... Yeah. I mean....I'm too sorry Mary. I think I just need some rest.” He touches his forehead while looking down.

“Oh my God Koke are you okay?” She moves and seats adjacent to him but she quickly pauses her arms mid-way as they approach the guy's shoulders.

“I'm fine. You know....I'll give you a call when I'm ready.” The accountant looks up from the floor and sets his eyes on the woman.

The secretary is looking worried. “I don't think it is a good idea leaving you here alone. You look distressed. Perhaps, you need a massage.”

“No.” He responds immediately in a defensive tone.

“I hope you're alright. I hope you'll be fine. Just sip on the champagne if you still got it.” A look of pity is what her phiz is as she looks at the co-worker. Koke nods with his eyes glomming at the person he earlier invites for a personal talk. “Alright, I'll be out.” The lady motions towards the door whilst she stands up from the seat. She keeps on looking back at him with a worried expression. Koke can't just stop staring at her. His persistent gaze is accusative but this doesn't speed up her walk out. It is like the two are in a slow-motion bubble similar to the one the junior accountant gets in whilst looking back at the cart man and Ghost on the street.

Mary's hand reaches for the door handle at the same time she's sparing another glance at him. Bursts the bubble and it is time to go at her turning the handle.

*-*-*-*

Koke comes out of the bathroom as he wipes his head and face with a small white towel. A similarly coloured one of a bigger version is wrapped around his waist, covering his lower body. The rest of his body is nude and dripped. The phone on his bed vibrates as he goes on to dry himself. It is only for a second that he looks at it, ignoring whatever the notification.

He takes his time to dry up his body, apply a little lotion and touch his beautiful black curls with a comb. He gets into checked pyjama trousers with black, grey and white patterns and a lapis blue T-shirt.

He heads to the living room without a look at his phone.

He literally falls into the middle of the sofa, his butt bouncing once from the impact. He looks towards the set across the room past the table with a calm face. He lifts his weight off the seat, heading towards the TV which he switches on. Whilst its screen lights up, he walks to the kitchen only to return with food that is well packed in an aluminium foil container. After placing it on the table, he returns to the kitchen side and this time around, he comes back with the champagne and a flat-bottomed glass. He loads the table once more and grabs the remote from the set stand that he returns to the couch with to make himself as comfy as possible.