Alternative Advance

There's peace everywhere within the house. Even when the lights are still on, the natural form from outside is somewhat visible as it brightens the room more. The birds sing for the morning and someone turns in sleep. As if that's so sensitive, Koke's eyes shoot wide open with fear glaring out of them. He immediately lurches his upper body up from the lying position. The pale white organic cotton blanket falls to his waist as he blinks fast as if cautious and surprised.

 The pale white organic cotton blanket falls to his waist as he blinks fast as if cautious and surprised

He looks over his shoulder at the kitchen only to perceive Mary. Her behaviour is not bad as promised cause she is still in her loose knee-exposing diagonally stripped dress. Or else, her changing into one of Koke's pyjamas can call for a red flag. She finishes up with stirring the coffee, placing the spoon gently into the sink. She carries the two white ceramic coffee mugs as she turns to head for the seating room.

"Wow. You shouldn't have woken up. I was enjoying every bit of your peaceful sleep. You look adorable." She complements before completing her move to the room where Koke is. He still looks at her with zero emotion. She places the cups on the table as the host rubs his middle finger over his brows.

"Morning." He greets feebly as he shifts his lower body off the long seat.

"Hi, I just met you. I'm from dreamland. You?" Her morning voice is sweet and excited. The guy makes a lengthy blink and stands off the couch. He carries the blanket loosely with him, sighing and opening his eyes simultaneously. He looks at secretary Mary who's smiling with the mug on her mouth. As he begins to walk to the bedroom, "Come on man, don't ruin the morning. Look, I made you some coffee."

The lad pauses irresolutely, turning to look at her with a weary expression. "Thanks." He mumbles.

"Aaawww. Baby boy. Look, don't stress. You can have as much sleep as you want. When you wake up, I'll be ready to go. But I know you'll miss me. I'll miss you too." The babe completes as the accountant disappears into the bedroom. She smiles to herself before sitting on the brown stool with her back facing the TV. She sips continuously on her coffee.

The sound of an activated shower commences from the other end of the house she's facing. This catches her attention as she looks away from her phone to that direction. Not only does she halt her focus on the phone but she also goes ahead to place it down on the table, following that with the mug. She gets off the stool prior to the sound's cessation. She pauses, one of her brows stretching up whilst she looks at the bedroom entrance.

Nonetheless, she makes quick soft steps towards the bedroom before she almost collides with the boy. Koke's brows form a crease on his wet face. Mary's eyes are wide open and her mouth ajar. "Um....Sorry....I....I thought....Um....Something." She points to the bathroom entrance.

"It's okay." Koke looks at her, the crease relaxing before he walks past her and the sofa as well. Her mouth says 'Oh my God' but even a whisper is comparably audible. She turns to follow his direction and he stops near the window, pulling apart the curtains. The light from outside illuminates the room further and he looks through the glass to the outside, resting his hands on the sill.

The workmate now stands a metre away from him. She looks at him with calmness and mesmerism. Her lips are sealed and extend a little as if she's about to smile when she blinks. She moves slowly towards Koke while looking at him in wonder with her eyes possessing some kind of glitter. The lad's focus is still outside. His visitor stretches her arms to touch his shoulder before resting her temple on the back of her hands with her facing the window too.

There's a silent moment during which Mary shifts and runs her hands down the dude's slight arms before positioning her chest on his back. She ties her arms around his belly, clasping her hands just above his navel. The woman rests her temple once more, this time around on the accountant's back of the neck. She faces the black wall on their left in the serenity for an extra minute.

"I just want to be with you. Like this. Just the two of us. You may not say anything. But still, I'll understand." The female breaks the quiet spell.

"Isn't your coffee getting cold?" The host asks.

Mary offers a muffled giggle. "It is. As well as yours. I thought you'd like some but....It seems you don't. So, I too will not take mine anymore for the moment."

Silence.

"I thought you were bathing when I almost collided with you." The secretary changes the positioning of her head on Koke's neck. She now looks in the direction of the exterior wall of the guy's bedroom. "I wanted to join you. How about that?" She queries.

"It's pathetic."

"I know." The lady slowly eases herself off of him. "But....It is interesting as well. Sweet. Sensual. Healing. It's a lot." She looks at him with a smile probably meant for assurance.

The lad spares her not a glance as his eyes graze the outside. The workmate sighs. "Anyway, I gotta go. You need some time to rest." With that and one last gentle stroke down his right shoulder with the female's finger, she desserts his side for the table from which she retrieves her phone. She returns only to plant a kiss on his cheek. "Bye." She says.

"Bye."

•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°

Bye Mary. I and some other people hope to see you soon with yet another attempt to get into that accountant's pants.

NB: That was somewhat a joke.

Anyway, who else like me wishes the secretary to return with another move? Excitement got to be the right word for how Mary is exploring Koke's home. I decided to make this chapter short cause you know what it is.... the next part is probably gonna be a treat bigger but I don't wanna scare my reader that it's going to be as huge as the biggest chapter. No, non of that. Chapter sixteen (Alternative Advance) is the shortest so far and I figured out it would be a chapter on its own after I'd realised that merging it with the next chapter might yield a very lengthy written episode for the reader's digestion.

My regards though ain't majorly focused on lengths. I thank you for sticking to FALSE Clairvoyance and I wish to have you read more of this paranormal novel as I continue to build on.

The Story Continues....