Halima's Invasion

It's two weeks since Koke's return to the Caribbean nation. Everything is smooth and he's living and doing with plans. He barely smiles but with the look of events, he's at peace. No bar visits from him thus far meanwhile he prefers milk and water.

One thing that changes not about his character is his social approach. He's fine at work but not standardly friendly. Any conversation beyond greetings isn't a thing for the junior accountant. The guy plans himself and does his duties in an organised manner that gives zero or just a few chances for disruption. He always compensates for the lost time, except for the one supposed to be for sleep that a bit of insomnia eats away.

Mary is a little distant physically but the two WhatsApp every before sleep, the manager usually sending the goodnight first. On another string end is Marion who attributes her online return to stability while the firstborn pair carry on their flirting via the texts.

In contrast to his first spell at Bob's, Robert hops more into Koke's space and the accounts duo are fond of each other regardless of the difference in workstations. The senior accountant is responsible for the constant life of the smiles on the reinstated employee with whom he lunches for the first time recently.

There's a managerial workshop going on in town and that puts Mary in a busier position, leaving Robert as a safer option to be around with. Jogging absolutely disappears from Koke's schedule after the accident scare. The insecurities still lurk anyway.

It is just before sunset and the sky is grey. The streets are usual with businesses carrying on normally as the junior accountant makes his typical walk back home. The path off a bigger and similarly empty neighbourhood road leading to his domicile is commonly lightly covered with brown and chocolate-coloured dead foliage as is today. It's a little windy around here and the leaves rustle below his approaching figure.

He enters his abode after unlocking and opening the front door, reversing the practice once he puts on the living room lights. His walk to the bedroom halts just as he's about to set foot past its entrance. His eyes dilate while they take in a lady sitting on his bed, her face looking towards the purply robe.

A familiar individual.

A workmate.

Halima.

She keeps him waiting not. She turns to face him. "Hi, Koke." Her typical flu-laced voice sounds suitably soft for the space. The house owner only slightly opens his mouth, the look of shock on him permanent ever since his awareness of the lass's presence. He only blinks, adding a swallow to that but just as he's mostly wordless, so he is with this-what he's seeing.

Halima sighs heavily with her eyelids pressed together. She stays like that for a few seconds prior to opening her eyes and getting to her feet. The lad standing a few feet away is the statue of the evening. The expression on him is no longer as extreme as it looks at its start. His mouth is closed once more and a dubious frown progressively replaces his earlier countenance.

In the meantime, the visitor lifts her visage to look at him in his state. "Sorry I....I....Sorry I had to come this way but I can explain everything. I've returned something. A spare key. I was with Mary sometime before you came back and unfortunately, she dropped it. Soo...." She scratches the back of her neck, all along stealing glances at the accountant who maintains the statuary state. He's better at it now that he offers not even a blink. His breathing is as unidentifiable as possible.

The woman tilts her head and pouts before sighing. "And I wanted to do it this way cause...." Her voice trails off and her expression changes swiftly to a confident presentation while she straightens her neck. She shifts her focus to her short-sleeve-button-down shirt to which her hands gently approach, commencing a slow and sensual undo of the buttons. "I wanted to return it personally with no office vibe. And, if I'm right on this, the office isn't the best place for this. Your recent behaviour testifies to that. Mmm?" She throws the shirt on his bed after she's done with it.