No.12 The Fireworks

Wukong perked up when he finally found the book after much digging "Found it!!" he called out, getting Staples attention "You got it?" "Yup" Staple trotted over to him and he hands her the book "Wow......... this is thicker than I thought it would be" she said as she examined the book itself.

Wukong chuckle at her examination "Yeah, I think the first volume is considered to be the longest of the four" Staple stiffened when he said that "Four? There are four of these?" she asked in shock, Wukong was surprised by her shock "You didn't know that?" he asked. Staple slightly frowned at his question "I told you I didn't know much about this mythology. Not even the amount of books there were" Staple explained.

Wukong gently pet her bunny ears "We can just start with the first book" he said. Staple just smiled at him while Wukong smiled in return. He expression immediately changed when he noticed something "Wait, hold still Staple" he then moved closer to her and ran his other hand through her hair.

Staple tensed up from how close he was now, she felt her chest pounding rapidly and she suddenly felt so nervous. He ran his fingers through her hair, Staple tensed at the feeling. He stepped back and revealed a bug he pulled out of her hair "There, got it" he said.

Staple blinked "Oh" her eyes drifted to the side but she smiled in a giddy manner and looked at him again "Thanks" she said. Wukong chuckled at her smile, especially when he noticed her cheeks seem to be a little pink "You're welcome" he spoke.

Wukong lead her to a pond and they sat under a tree, Staple stared at the pond for a moment. She turned to look at Wukong "Hey uh Wukong?" she spoke, he looked at at her "Yeah?" when they shared eye contact Staple suddenly found it hard to speak she stammered in her word, she then stopped to clear her throat "I uh, I was wondering I mean. If you don't mind that is, If you could....." she turned her back toward Wukong "Find...... more..... bugs.....while I read...?" she asked, in a timid manner.

Wukong blinked, he then chuckled and scooted closer to her "You could've just said you wanted a grooming session by me" he ran his fingers through her hair "I shall do so" he said. Staple giggled and opened the book to begin reading the book.

After a few pages, Staple let out a little snort, Wukong was curious and stopped in his track in the grooming session "What?" he asked with an amused smirk.  Staples looks at him holding back laughter "You sure you didn't write this yourself?" she asked.

Wukong started to chuckle seeing her attempts to not laugh "What do you mean by that?" he asked, Staple pointed nowhere she just read "Handsome Monkey King?" she chuckle. Wukong was confused at her laughter "What? It's not wrong, is it?" he jokingly frowned.

"But you really had to include the 'Handsome' part?" she teased, Wukong gave a face of slight offense "Yes! Again, it's not wrong" Staple gently shoved his face "You little-" Wukong laughed "Hey! You're not denying it!" he said with a little tease, Staple was stunned and froze for a moment.

She then shook her head and gently hit his shoulder "Sh-Shut up! Doesn't mean I'm agreeing with you" She whined in a flustered manner. Wukong laughed "Okay okay, I'll stop. Just get back to reading" He said as he turned her back around and went back to grooming her hair, Staple rolled her eyes with a smile and went back to reading.

...

"You really got inside a demon and beat him up while disguised as a pill?" Staple asked while looking up at Wukong, He smiled down at her "Not a bad plan, right?" he said holding his hands up, Staple smiled and looked back down at the book "It's not bad, I'll give you that. But that must've been weird being inside a demon" she said, cringing at the thought.

Wukong shrugged "Eh" some seconds pass, Wukong looked up at the sky and saw it getting darker. His eyes lit up "Oh, Staple. Pause here I wanna show you something" he said excitedly, Staple groaned "But it's getting good" she complained.

Wukong used his tail to grab the book and toss it aside "Wha?" Wukong then stood up, grabbed her hand pulling her up and dragging her "Uh, What are you gonna show me exactly?" Staple asked, a little confused. Wukong looked at her "Only the greatest thing humans have ever invented!" he said with such enthusiasm.

They end up at a cliff and sitting at the edge of it. Staple was confused, she was about to say something but was interrupted by the sight of a firework shooting up at the sky. She was amazed at it all while Wukong gave a satisfied sigh "Never gets old watching the fireworks" he said.

Staple smiled "Huh, this is what you wanted to show?" she asked with a smug smirk, Wukong nodded "Yeah, You like?" he spoke. Staple chuckled at him "Yeah, Fireworks are always nice to look at" she leaned back, keeping her eyes on the fireworks.

"Heh, reminds me of you in a way" Wukong said in a soft tone. Staple furrowed her brow in slight  confusion "What do you mean by that?" she asked. Wukong chuckled "You're lovely to look at. I guess you could say you're as beautiful as a firework" Wukong said without hesitation.

Staple tensed up, she turned her head to look at him "You....you think so?" Wukong turned his own head. Staples heart leaped the moment they shared eye contact "Yeah, I really do" he said sweetly. Their eyes were locked for what felt like forever, Staples mind wandered to the point where she felt confused 'What's going on? Why does he suddenly look......attractive?' Staple immediately turned red realizing what just ran through her mind.

She quickly looked away breaking the eye contact "Um, Thanks. I guess" she said trying to keep it together. Wukong smiled and went back to watching the fireworks "You're welcome" he spoke softly. Staple kept her gaze away from him, her face felt burning hot, and she heart beating against her chest, she now suddenly felt so nervous being near Wukong.

She was just confused. She noticed Wukong stand up, and she saw that the fireworks. He stretched with a yawn, he offered his hand to her "You ready to head to sleep?" he asked. Staple watched him offer his hand and felt herself turn red again. She quickly stood up "Mhm! Yeah! Seems good to me. I'll go to sleep now so ..uh.. NIGHT!!" she stammered and quickly jogged away.

She sat at her bed, she had her mouth covered. She doesn't know how to process what she just felt back there, It can't be, could she be...

Staple then suddenly felt her urges crawl back. They were terrible, she gave loud growl "No, Don't loose control now" She took a few breaths, the urges slowly go away but not completely. She laid down in her bed and curled up into a ball. She has to have something soon, but how?