Bloody Mess (Mattheo Riddle)

This chapter is in your perspective.

I was walking to the Astronomy Tower, even though it was late at night I still needed to finish some Astrology homework I'd forgotten about.

As I walked up the stairs I started to hear heavy breathing, honestly I swear if I walk in on a couple snogging I'm just never going to do my homework. But as I got to the top of the stairs I saw someone leaned up against a wall, I could tell they were bloodied.

"Shit." I gasped.

I walked towards them, already pulling out a bottle of healing tincture I carried around for headaches. But as I got closer I realized who it was, Mattheo Riddle. I had never talked to him, honestly I was too scared, too along with everyone who wasn't in Slytherin. He was still a person though so I kept walking towards him as he looked up at me.

"Look it's best if you leave, they'll be back." He looked me up and down while frowning at the door.

"Who?" I asked, kneeling down careful not to get too close.

"Just some assholes ok. You've just gotta get out of here." He tried to move but hissed at the pain, sliding back down the wall.

"It looks like you need to get out of here too." I offered a hand to him.

Unsure at first he took my hand and stood up slowly, "here drink this." I offered him my tincture which he took gratefully. He let me wrap my arm around his waist and we began to walk down the Astronomy Towers stairs.

After a couple minutes we heard footsteps coming from down the next hall. I pulled Mattheo into a nearby closet and held my breath as the boys passed by us.

"He shouldn't even be here."

"We'll teach him a lesson when we find him again."

"The son of Voldemort, walking around these halls, it's despicable."

I felt Mattheo go rigid next to me at the last comment about his father, maybe he didn't like him after all?

When the coast seemed clear we kept walking back to my house's common room. I assumed it would be a bad idea to bring him back to the Slytherin one. Thankfully no one was in the common room as we snuck up to my dormitory, I led him to the bathroom and shut the door taking a huge sigh of relief.

"Sneaking me into your dormitory, if I didn't know better I'd think you were trying something." Mattheo grinned, showing off the blood on his teeth.

I rolled my eyes but as I turned around to get some medical supplies I smiled to myself. Mattheo sat on the sink and touched the black eye that was currently forming on his face, he took out a cigarette to light but I snuffed it out quickly on the sink.

"What do you think you're doing?!" I seethed wetting a washcloth with warm water.

"Come on, I've got to soothe the pain somehow." Mattheo smiled down at me.

I scoffed as I delicately started to wipe the blood from his face, his big brown eyes followed my movements and to my surprise I had to stop myself from blushing. I got out the cleaning solution for his cuts, but as he saw it his smile vanished.

'I've never liked that stuff ... Can I hold your hand?" He asked me in a shy tone that made me smile.

"Sure." I said as I dipped the washcloth in the solution. He took my hand and squeezed it tightly as I dabbed at his cuts.

After I finished his face I realized he might have bruises or worse under his shirt, red in the face. I asked him if he could lift up his shirt.

"Only for you." He smirked down at me and took off his shirt, he had a surprising amount of muscles along with a great set of abs. Though I couldn't help but notice he had some old scars as well.

I took out a bottle of ointment and handed it to him, "Put this on your bruises, it should make them hurt a lot less."

"Oh but I'm in ever so much pain can't you do it for me." He pleaded with a sly look in his eyes.

I couldn't resist those eyes, so I took the ointment and spread it across the bruises that scattered across his stomach and ribs. After I finished Mattheo thanked me and pushed himself off the sink.

"Now I know where to go when I get in another pinch." He winked at me as he walked out of the bathroom.

And to my surprise I had no objection to him coming by again either.