DRUNK TEXT ME.

Kaylee's pov:

1 month ago

I sent a video of me singing to all the universities I'd applied for.
I had no hope I'd get selected.

Flashback over
I was lying on my bed staring at the ceiling, it's been a month and nothing has changed Ashley and Bennett happy together while I'm Heartbroken over a love that didn't even exist.
**Ting**
I get a notification.
IT WAS AN EMAIL.

Dear Kaylee,

Hope you're doing fine,
We received your application for our music school. We're happy that you made the right decision applying for our school.
You have a magnificent calming voice!
We look forward to meeting you.
Classes start next month.

Your regards
Yale school of music.

I couldn't believe it, I had to read it twice just to make sure I was reading it right.
Yale?
Fucking Yale?
I was so overwhelmed that I totally forgot I had to fly to the United States in less that a month.
I had to make money to pay for the ticket which meant I had to work part time jobs and I was totally okay with that and maybe I could also upload my singing videos on YouTube.
I picked my phone to text Bennett the happy news, just to realise we haven't been talking for a month but that didn't stop me from texting him.

Kaylee
Heyy, you won't believe this BUT I GOT INTO YALE AHH.
READ

Kaylee
Fucking Yale can you believe that?
READ

kaylee
Hey u there?
READ

He just left me on read?

3hrs later
Bennett
Oh hey I'm happy for you.

That's all he's got to say?
"I'm happy for you?"

Kaylee
Bennett do you even wanna talk to me anymore?
You send short texts hours later and don't even initiate conversation in person anymore at all.
Do I annoy? Because if I do then please just tell me and I'll stop trying to talk to you.

Bennett
look Kaylee we can't be talking right now cause you know Ashley doesn't seem to be comfortable with it. You make her feel insecure you've always been trouble between Ashley and me. We've never fought but if we do it's always about you, but that doesn't mean I don't care about you I still do.
I hope we can still be friends right?

I replied with tears rolling down my eyes.

Kaylee
Yes we can.

But I knew for a fact we would never talk again.

Am I the problem?
That's what he's thought about me all this time?

I'm probably sure he's with his friends all proud at some shitty bar downtown.
But does he taste me on her mouth or just whiskey?
I wish he would drunk text me saying he still needs me and tell me I'm not like "her" I know I made him happier.
I want him to drunk text me and tell me he fucked this up
Or does he even care at all after all the pain he's caused and act like nothing ever happened?
Even after all he said I hate that I still want him I don't want to, but I want him to look what he's done to me.

Makeouthill (kaylee's youtube channel)

(IMAGINE KAYLEE WROTE IT)