I CAN TREAT YOU BETTER

Kaylee's pov:

Bennett has been really moody from the past 2 weeks

And yesterday he wanted to talk to Ashley and ask her how a person can lose feelings so easily as if it were nothing.

**Flashback**
Ben- you said we'd take things slow and we did but now all of a sudden u just lost feelings? how could u do this to me ash, how could you do this to us?

Ashley- look, we're done it's over between us.
I've lost feelings alright?
Things change.
I like someone else now.
Move on.

Ben- move on?
It's easier said than done ash and you know it too.
I fell in love with you.
i don't know how
I don't know why
i just did.

**Flashback over**

"Move on? How is it so easy for her to say those words. We've Been through so much and all she had to say was move on. There's nothing I haven't done for her. Nothing." Bennett said snatching my phone.
"Bennett, she said it move on" I said snatching my phone back.
The Bell rang so we grabbed all our stuff and left.
As we were walking Mia comes rushing towards me.
"Girl there's a party down the street today at 8 and I don't care but your coming. I Asked ur mom and she said okay."
"But Mia I-"
"No buts and bits ur coming" she said and ran.
I look towards Bennett just to see him still upset about the whole situation.
"You should come to. You've been grumpy the whole week, you need a change so better come" I said to him and left.
I went home and did some of my assignments, by the time I was done, it was 7:15 so I decided to take a shower and got dressed.
Once I was done with that it was already 7:56 so I quickly wore my Converse and left.
When I reached the party there were a lot of people, few people from school too but most of them were people I've never seen or met. But I couldn't spot Mia in the crowd and that's when I get a call and it's from mia.
"Hey I've reached, where you at" I Asked her still looking through the crowd.
"Girl I'm so sorry I can't make it, something came up I'm so sorry. But I'm sure you'll enjoy. Have fun"
"Miaaa You-" before I could finish my sentence my phone had died. I sigh and regreted coming to the party.
I wanted to go home but my phone was dead so I couldn't book a taxi.
I went looking for charger but ended up finding nothing.
I decided to go up to the rooftop, as soon As I reach I see a black figure, sitting on the ground, the person didn't seem to look fine so I went closer to get a better look and it was...

"Bennett?"
"Hey lele" he said smiling widely.
"Oh god have you been drinking?"
I asked worried.
"Yea but don't worry I just had 7 bottles and I feel perfectly fine look" he said trying to stand up but instantly fell back.

"Why would she ask me to move on lele? Why. What have I done. I'm I that worthless. Is my feelings that worthless?"
I've never seen Bennett like this before especially over a girl. She had messed him up not just physically but mentally too.
But I could tell Ashley meant a lot to him. But what about me?
Maybe I had to tell him.
Tell him how I feel too.
"Bennett, I won't lie to you
I know she's just not right for you
And you can tell me if I'm off
But I see it on your face
When you say that she's the one that you want.
I know I CAN TREAT YOU BETTER THAN SHE CAN.
Tell me, why are we wasting time
You've wasted crying
When you should be with me instead?
I'll stop time for you
The second you say you'd like me too. Promise I won't let you down
Just know that you don't
Have to do this alone.
I know we'll be fine." I closed my eyes and blurted out everything.
What he did next was something I'll never forget.
He grabs my neck and kisses me.
HE KISSED ME.
"WHY AREN'T YOU THE ONE I'M IN LOVE WITH LELE"?
he said and passed out.
Those 10 words meant everything to me. I know he won't remember this by tomorrow.
But I'll forever remember it.

Here I am sitting next to Bennett who's passed out. The Bennet that just kissed me an hour back. I couldn't move from there, all I could think about was his words and his actions.
But mainly his ACTIONS.
I quickly grabbed his phone. Of course I knew the password to it. It obviously had something to do with Ashley.
I called Jacob (his friend) and told him what had happened. Of course I excluded the things that included me. I asked him to drop Bennett off at his house cause he was too drunk to even walk.
Jacob came and dragged Bennett from there and thanked me before leaving.
My phone was dead so I had no other go but to walk home.
As I Kept walking the only thing that kept repeating in my head was
"Why aren't you the one I'm in love with?"

Why can't I be the one he's in love with?