HIM

Kaylee's pov:

As we were walking I spotted Bennett in his basketball jersey, with a ball in his hands talking to a few of his friends from the team entering into the corridors, as he was walking he looked up and our eyes met, he smiled at me god that smile that...

As we were walking I spotted Bennett in his basketball jersey, with a ball in his hands talking to a few of his friends from the team entering into the corridors, as he was walking he looked up and our eyes met, he smiled at me god that smile that damn smile.
I met Ben in 3rd grade when i tried out for basketball but I was never good at it Ben helped me practice basketball. During 5th grade when I was getting bullied by Samantha and her nosy friends, Ben had always been by my side and so had Mia. But everything changed in 8th grade, he wasn't the same Ben I knew. He had started having feelings for Ashley, They had English class and became close when they were assigned a group project together. He started to spend more time with her, the bond of our friendship decreased eventually.
Ben's Always been a reserved character, he's most known for his looks than his personality. Ben's the type of guy who doesn't care about anything, doesn't talk much or share much unless it's me but that stopped when he found more comfort in sharing stuff with Ashley than me.

"EARTH TO KAYLEE" I hear someone snapping me out of thoughts,  I realised I'd been staring at Bennett thinking about the past "what have you been dreaming about" Mia asks me "oh nothing" I lie.
Mia is not very fond of Bennett shes always got a bad vibe from him. Anytime I try talking to her about Bennett she would always change the topic, this is why i haven't had an opportunity to tell her abt my confused feelings for Bennett.
"Wanna hang out today?" Mia asks me, Am about to answer her when I glance over the other side and suddenly see Ashley, Samantha and Bennett discussing something. "Yea sure maybe after 6" I reply to Mia
After we part off and I reach home, I go for a quick shower. I felt too tired and drowsy so I decided on taking a nap.
My eyelids open and I search for my phone, once I open my phone, I see 5 missed calls and 12 messages from Mia "oh shit" I mutter looking at the clock and its already 7 I quickly rush to find some good clothes to wear I only find a black jean and an oversized hoodie I wear those and rush out I'm glad my mom isn't home right now or there would have been a huge drama happening in the house.
Once I reach the location Mia sent I see her sitting all alone as I walk towards her, I hear giggles and when I look the other side I see Bennett, Ashley and Samantha siting together.
As I walk towards Mia, Samantha cuts my way and says "oh look it's the hoe".
I was about to offend her back when I noticed Ben standing up and asking Samantha to back off but what catches me is Ben standing by my side I've missed this Ben, since Ashley came into his life things changed.
Mia comes, drags me and we both get out from there.
"I'm so sorry it was my idea for you to come here" Mia says tryna take the blame, I reply back saying "it wasn't your fault Mia, I think it's the best if we go home."
She agreed with me and we parted ways.
As soon as I reach home I see my mom's car parked in the garage, when I enter the house I see my mom's furious face I try to avoid her but I hear her call my name I knew she was gonna start some shit so I ran towards my room, I heard my mom's footsteps and her shouting at me saying I shouldn't disrespect her while she's talking to me, I still ignore her until she grabs my hand and slaps me...