vi. little talks

"we're a package deal, snow queen."

Cassandra sent a quick thank you to Tyche when they reached the ship alive.

Arion touched down on the deck, and all three of them jumped off of his back. Hazel and Leo carried the large sheet of bronze, Cassandra following behind them and using the winds to alleviate most of the weight. They carried it belowdecks.

Hazel and Leo stopped in the sick bay's open doorway.

"Gods of Olympus" Piper said. "What happened to you?"

"Long story" Leo said. "Others back?"

"Not yet" Piper said.

Leo cursed, before standing up straighter. "Hey, man! Glad you're better. I'll be in the engine room."

He ran off with the sheet of bronze, leaving Hazel and Cassandra in the doorway. When Cassandra looked into the sick bay, she saw Jason sitting up in his bed.

"Good to see you back up and kicking, Grace" Cassandra said. "I need my flying partner."

Jason smiled. "What's with the...face paint?"

She grumbled under her breath, and tried to rub the hearts off of her cheeks. When nothing came off, she licked her fingers and rubbed harder, but quickly gave up after deciding it wasn't worth the effort.

"We met Narcissus" Hazel explained. "Also Nemesis, the revenge goddess."

Jason sighed. "I miss all the fun."

A large THUMP sounded on the deck, and a second later Percy and Annabeth came running down the hall. Percy was toting a steaming five-gallon plastic bucket, that smelled terrible. Annabeth had a patch of black sticky stuff in her hair. Percy's shirt was covered in it.

"Roofing tar?" Piper guessed.

Frank stumbled up behind them, making the hallway really crowded. Frank had a large smear of black sludge down his face.

"Ran into some tar monsters" Annabeth said. "Hey, Jason, glad you're awake. Cassie, Hazel, where's Leo?"

Hazel pointed down. "Engine room."

Percy raised an eyebrow at Cassandra. "I heart Leo?"

"Shut up" She grumbled, making another attempt to rub the marker off. Her fingers came away slightly black, meaning it was working.

Suddenly the entire ship listed to port. The demigods stumbled. Percy almost spilled the bucket of tar.

"Uh, what was that?" Percy demanded.

"Well, uh, we might've angered the nymphs who live in this lake" Cassandra said.

"Like... all of them" Hazel added with embarrassment.

"Great." Percy handed the bucket of tar to Frank and Annabeth. "You guys help Leo. I'll hold off the water spirits as long as I can."

"On it!" Frank promised.

The three of them ran off, leaving Hazel and Cassandra at the door of the sickbay. The ship listed again, and Hazel hugged her stomach like she was about to be sick.

"I'll just..." She swallowed, pointing weakly down the passageway, and ran off.

"I'm going to see if they need any help down in the engine room" Cassandra decided, before running off after Annabeth and Frank.

╰┈ ⋆。˚ ❀ *· 🌬 ࿐ ࿔ ˚:⋆ ✧・゚

After they had gotten the ship up and running, and everyone had cleaned up—which included Cassandra scrubbing her cheeks raw to get the marker off of her face—Coach Hedge took the helm and the demigods gathered below for dinner.