i. missing

"I'll find him."

Cassandra Regalia was not happy. And everyone who took one look at her face knew it.

Here's how the morning was supposed to go.

Cassandra was supposed to wake up to her alarm going off. She was supposed to go make sure Percy was awake, and then they were supposed to go sit on the beach and watch the sunrise.

The morning didn't go to plan.

Instead, Cassandra woke up after having an awful nightmare. She immediately threw up afterward and spent the next three hours laying in bed feeling awful. She had dragged herself out of bed to let Percy know she wouldn't be able to watch the sunrise, and found his cabin empty.

She then went down to the beach because perhaps he had gone down a little early. He wasn't there. She stumbled over to her cabin, maybe he was going to wake her up. He wasn't there. She then did her best to look around camp, because maybe he had taken a walk. He wasn't there. She called Sally, because maybe he needed to go back to his apartment. He wasn't there either.

He wasn't anywhere.

Then she had taken a break to vomit and shove some ambrosia down her throat, and then she had gone to the Athena cabin. She asked if Annabeth knew where he was. Shocker—she didn't.

Annabeth had then forced her back to her cabin to rest, and had promised to talk to Chiron.

Now, she was making her way toward the Big House where she would meet Annabeth and Chiron to discuss the game plan.

"Did you find anything?" She demanded as she reached the deck.

"Take a seat Cassandra" Chiron advised. "Annabeth has filled me in on this... predicament."

"Have you found anything?" Cassandra repeated. She remained standing. "Have you found him?"

"No" Chiron said sadly. "But, Cassandra, are you sure that you've evaluated the situation correctly?"

"I'm not lying" Cassandra insisted. "Percy wouldn't just take off. You know that."

Annabeth nodded in agreement.

"Other than the fact that we can't find him, there is no other reason to believe that he is missing" Chiron reminded. "I just want to make sure that we aren't overreacting here."

"I'm not overreacting" Cassandra said, a slight shake to her voice. "What other evidence do you need, Chiron? Blood? Duct tape? He's gone. We can't find him. He's missing. I think that's plenty of evidence."

"Calm down" Chiron instructed. "I'm just trying to make sure that we know what has actually happened."

"I had plans with Percy this morning" She told him. "Percy doesn't just ditch you without telling you. Especially not me."

"She's right, Chiron" Annabeth said. "Percy never bails on Cassie. Ever."

"See?" Cassandra asked. She crossed her arms. "I called Sally. She said she hasn't gotten a call from him. He wouldn't leave without telling his mom. You have to listen to me here."

"I'm listening" Chiron assured.

"Chiron, we can't ignore it this time" She said, with a sudden chill in her voice. "The last time you refused to listen to me about someone being missing... my two best friends ended up dead within the next week."

No one spoke for a few minutes.

"If you're not going to help me here, then I'll do it myself" She finally said. "I don't care if it's the last thing I do. I'll find him."