Chapter 12

2nd January 2246

The new year had begun.

Almost a whole year since I had left that hole of a home.

I sat down at the booth, cheers filling the room as a man spoke over the speakers, introducing a man into the ring.

I had zoned it out, choosing to focus on myself and remember everything Shinobu had told me about the man.

I look to the man entering the ring, a plain black jumpsuit with a grey scarf like object laid around his neck. A pair of yellow glasses covered his eyes with only a light red glow coming from inside.

I kept a cold glare on his figure, watching his every movement. Every step he made seemed lazy by the untrained eye, but he was saving every bit of energy he could. His muscles were relaxed but I could see his eyes darting around the room from underneath his glasses. He was cautious, making sure no one attacked him.

His quirk is useless against me, so I'll have to use his shock at this and attack quick. He's strong in hand to hand so I'll have to try and avoid it, but I can't stay too far away or he'll use his scarf on me and bring me close, trapping me. Unless...

"And the man who is challenging the number one is a contender who has raised the ranks all the way to number two in less than a year, proving himself stronger with every fight he battles." My thoughts are cut off my the announcer. "It's the Samurai!"

I stand up, making my way through the room, the cheers getting louder and louder but I kept my stare locked onto him. I could see his eyes stare deep into me, curiosity at my rank. From what I heard, it took him years to get to that rank.

But it'll only take a couple minutes to lose it.

I step into the ring, looking around the room, finding Shinobu's cold gaze watching the fight. Stendhal was sat in one of the booths close to Shinobu, watching me closely.

I looked closer into the crowd, seeing a familiar tuft of blond hair in the crowd and a pair of horns protruding from their skull.

I shook my head, focusing back on everyone else, seeing the hair disappear.

I grip my handle a little bit harder at his appearance, pulling it out of its sheath.

Eraserhead brought his hands up to his scarf, getting ready to launch it at me.

I kept my blade in one hand, leaving the other open for an opportunity.

"Are both fighters ready!" I give a sharp nod as Eraserhead does the same, erupting cheers from the crowd once more.

"Fight!"

Eraserhead wasted no time and flung his scarf towards me.

I wait as it approaches, the thin fabric getting closer and closer with each passing second.

I held a heavy glare as it came closer, catching it out of the air with my spare hand, wrapping my wrist in the fabric and yanking him towards me.

I used his shock as he flung through the air, placing a firm fist into his stomach, throwing him across the room. I swiftly use my blade and cut the fabric in one quick cut, keeping it on my wrist. He stumbled as he landed on his feet already seeing me charge, my blade at the ready.

He charged back in retaliation, getting ready to throw a fist. I twist my body, moving beside it and landing a heavy punch into his waist, causing him to flinch. With my back exposed, he slammed his elbow into it, causing my knees to stumble.

Using whatever strength I could, I push myself into him, wrapping my arms around his body and pushing my legs into the ground and lifting him off the ground and slamming him back down.