Not Everything Goes as Planned pt 4

Students gathered in their usual spot inside the room, exchanging greetings and proceeded to catch-up with their friends last weekend. It was the perfect picture of high schoolers with their friend/s and groups before they tackled the first class.

Lively and brimming with energy, just how youth should be. And yet, one particular group’s atmosphere was the opposite. Four girls stood near the door; two of them were slightly downcast, one annoyed and the last was puzzled.

“Are those rumors true?” said Amikura, she was dejected.

“...No idea, well last time, there was no proof about his unfaithfulness, just presumptions and fabrication on the internet, but this time, people saw it…” Kobashi chose her words wisely in consideration for the girl's feelings. They know Amikura looks-up to Ayanokouji highly, to the point where she could be considered as his biggest fan. Her admiration for him started when he saved Ichinose at the library. It's still superficial as she only thought of him as a knight saving a princess in a picture book, but it gradually changed when she knew that he's also smart and a reliable person according to her friend. His handsome features were only a bonus.

“But there's a possibility that it's exaggerated or maybe just a misunderstanding. The girls outside of his room might be his friends…” Amikura continued to reject the rumors and made up her own assumptions.

Kobashi and Ichika shook their heads, it's not easy to comfort a broken hearted girl.

“If she was a friend, she wouldn't run away crying, no? Just accept that he's not the person you thought of him, Amikura-san.” Chihiro started. “Aside from being a cheater, he gives me the vibes of a creep, you also think the same thing, Ichika-san?”

Chihiro was still acting like her usual self, spouting hateful words to him in every chance she had. Kobashi and Amikura ignored her – wanted to avoid a heated argument against her – waiting for Ichika’s response.

“Don’t lump me with the likes of you.” she narrowed her eyes, they were surprised by her sudden attitude. Ichika was the onee-san of the class; mature and reliable, even their leader, Ichinose, respected her. As for losing one's level-headedness, they all witnessed her twice. Coincidentally, the reason was due to the same person. The first was when they persistently asked her if she and Ayanokouji knew each other back then, she did her best to avoid answering the question and was embarrassed. The second time was today, Ichika snapped at Chihiro for getting involved in her affairs. “My reason for disliking him is completely different from that petty excuse of yours.”

Chihiro’s words got stuck-up in her throat. The way Ichika sounded it made her think that she knows of her secret, she grew anxious if that were the case. She never once imagined her to snapped at her, not because they were close friends, but since Ichika was Nino’s older sister, hearing that Ayanokouji – who had a secret relationship with her younger sister – cheating allegations were confirmed according to the eyewitnesses, it's without a shadow of doubt she would hate him, worse — held a grudge to him.

“... Well, putting reasons aside, we both dislike him because he's a cheater. No matter how kind, good looking and smart a boy is, if he's a cheater, he's no different from a lowlife.”

Chihiro didn't back-down, she pushed her logic to the group that a man who had affairs was considered the women's number one enemy. Although there was still room for doubt – whether he had done it or not – the girls couldn't deny they had the same stance as her for the unfaithful.

“If that's what you think, Chihiro-san, just keep it to yourself. I even hold back myself from saying anything in consideration to Amikura-san’s feelings.” she clicked her tongue and her arms folded on her waist.