One... Little Two... Little Idiots pt 2

Staggering down the cemented pavement leading to the five storey shopping building, large beads of sweats trickle down my face.

"It's so damn hot." I complained.

Summer will start by next month but the heat is gradually increasing day by day. Supposedly the surroundings should be filled with the breeze of spring, but it is the opposite right now. The air is dry, lacking even a pint drop of water, it's hard to imagine how humanity survives through the years.

The morning is still young but the sun's heat radiates on its peak.

I wiped the beads of sweat off my forehead.

Whoosh.

I should have brought an umbrella...

No use crying over spilled milk. Also, it's my own volition for having a journey throught the surface of hell.

Inviting a girl in my room during weekends is far too dangerous and is most likely to be discovered rather than meeting with her in one of the karaoke room.

I hope Ichika already arrived in the meeting place...

Sigh.

Following the path of trees in the side, shading myself against direct sunlight, I continued.

•••

In a 100 yards rectangular green field, 22 players are unbothered by the scorching heat, fully immersed in the intensity of the match.

It's the last 15 seconds and the scores are tied in 1-1.

The defensive teams marked each players, not letting one of their opponents crossed the penalty goal line.

Everyone's eyes are glued on the ball in the corner, carefully analyzing the next move.

As the ball flew, all eyes followed, "It's a curveball!"

The goalkeeper instinctively rushed towards the closest edge, stretching out his arms to the air. Only to realize, it's not a shoot, rather a pass to one of his teammates.

He jumped and was planning to use his head to shoot, however one of the defenders anticipated such moves and challenged him mid-air.

The opponent has the height advantage, so he couldn't do the play and just simply hit the ball to the air.

"Lose ball!"

A black haired boy who is three meters away from the calculated place where the still-in-the-air ball would land, was dazed, thinking of what to do. He glanced at his right and saw his rival dashing towards the ball.

Shibata instantly moved his body on Hirata's path, planning to block him.

He checked him again, shocked, he was suddenly gone.

Hearing an impact on his left, he turned. And there was Hirata, the figure of Hirata stretching out his right leg, kicking the ball straight to the goal - a direct shot.

"Goal!"

A whistle follows as the sound of cheers fills the place.

The MOM of the game clenched his fist, still laying in the field.

"Yes!"

Shibata offered his arm to Hirata, which he gladly took, then helped him stand.

"That was an incredible goal, Hirata-kun."

"Thanks, Shibata-kun." he smiled.

The other seniors also approach them, congratulating everyone for such a great match.