Kushida's resolved and Horikita's dilemma pt 3

Stirring sounds as the machine started to pull-up the elevator cart. Inside was a brown-haired boy, he carried a single plastic bag in his hand, and his expression was stiff. Ayanokouji was on his way towards the girl's floor; specifically the 12th floor, to visit a particular classmate.

Stepping foot onto the upper floors was not strictly forbidden as long as they would abide by the rules about the curfew hours. He headed there early and was not planning to stay long.

One of the things on his mind was whether she would let him enter her room or not. Despite the undeniable fact that they would bicker with each other on an almost daily basis and yet it didn't affect their casual/neighbor relationship. He was confused about what he was thinking last night.

He selfishly claimed to be her friend, making Horikita Suzune confused and the older brother amused. She might have felt awkward meeting with him right now, but Ayanokouji wanted to make up with her, and if needed, apologized for getting ahead of himself.

Human relationships were still an alien topic to him.

His reason for defending her last night was to pay one of his debts to her after all the trouble he'd given her in the last couple of weeks. Failing to understand that she was never asking for any kind of return to him; She visited him at the park because she's worried about him, she took his side during the class argument as she knew he was right, and then shifted the pointless topic of his rumors into the homeroom class as she didn't believe it.

Horikita never once thought of taking advantage of him, but the brown-haired thinks otherwise.

He was created to fulfill the failed dream of a certain man. His entire existence was made to walk in a path that was not his, but from the others. His fate was shackled, he doubted if he could ever be free.

The machine stopped, and the door smoothly slid to the sides. He stepped out of the elevator and walked over to the first room of the floor.

He raised his arm, planning to ring the doorbell of her room, but he stopped midway. He was hesitant and his hand found its way to the back of his head, scratching off his unknown feelings growing inside of him.

A sound of the door opening was heard on the opposite side of the rooms. He turned his head towards there and couldn't believe what he'd seen.

On the opened doorway, there stood a familiar girl in her casual outfit. Her long glossy light pink-hair was no more, it's now neck-length long.

Nino instantly averted her gaze the moment she found Ayanokouji. She crossed her arms and narrowed her eyes, "Hmtp! What the fuck is he doing here?" she grumbled, her voice was loud enough for him to hear.

Ayanokouji couldn't retort and mutter under his breath, "... Talk about a coincidence." as he returned his gaze to the door in front of him.

A loud slam came next, he sighed, knowing Nino strongly shut her door. It was another level of awkwardness, more than when he was confused how a vending machine works the first time he used it while other students were waiting behind.

He cursed himself. If he didn't hesitate in ringing the doorbell, he probably wouldn't be found by Nino. But alas, no use crying over spilled milk, instead of ringing the doorbell, he knocked directly at her door.

"Coming." It didn't take long to hear an answer from the other side. He pulled away his arm and stood straight, waiting for Horikita.

The door was slowly opened, a girl in white apron greeted him, Horikita was surprised to see the figure of Ayanokouji outside of her door.

"Ayanokouji-kun... how may I help you?"

His mind went blank. Ayanokouji hadn't thought of an excuse for visiting her, he didn't answer and awkwardly handed her the plastic bag.