The Cause and Effect pt4

Drawing a straight rose coloured line into her lower lips, the girl with the cherry blossomed hair smacked both fresh hue soft flesh creating a popping sound.

A seductive mischievous smile then crossed her lips, being reflected through the make up mirror, wearing a fierce glare and she softly whispered,

“Prepare yourself, Ayanokouji, as I will force you to spill everything tonight~”

Nino intimidatingly stared at herself, arms crossed in both waist, thinking of a couple of plans to make Ayanokouji submissive.

Only a minute passed but she already given up on the idea and released a heavy sighed,

“Why am I even thinking?”

She is aware that they are still not in that kind of relationship where she can pry on his personal affairs.

And that very fact hurt her.

“H-His not giving me false hope, r-right?” she painfully questioned as her hand was grabbing her aching heart.

Slowly being eaten by the hard to swallow uncertainty, a creak sound of the door stole her attention, forcing the girl to spontaneously glance at the entrance, seeking the cause of the noise.

There she finds a silhouette of a girl standing in the open door.

“Going somewhere, Nino?”

All of the spooky feelings that creeped through her body, magically disappeared as a familiar face was seen.

“Ichika? How did you?...”

The other person, Nakano Ichika, then swings her arm to the air with a green card in hand.

“You seriously forgot that we sisters have duplicate keys to each of our rooms?”

“Uh….. no..”

“Oh well nevermind,” she said. “Let's go to Itsuki's room, the girls are waiting.”

Having spent most of her time in Ayanokouji's room rather than hanging out with her sisters after class these days, Nino tilts her head, confused as to why they are gathering.

“......Why?” she asked.

Ichika then massages her temple, failing to understand the reason why Nino is asking such a question.

“Hello~” she moaned. “Is it that weird for families to be together once in a blue moon?”

Nino, who just realized her mistake, immediately shakes her head, “No!”

“Hehe,” she chuckled. “Then let's get going.”

Despite knowing that if she will follow Ichika to meet with the rest of her sisters, she will miss tonight's dinner date and Ayanokouji's explanation.

Nino still chose to go with her and decided to apologize to Ayanokouji by tomorrow.

Gomen, Ayanokouji.’

•••

A mechanical sound reverberates across the hallway. The newly arrived elevator spread its door wide open, then the sisters who were waiting made their entrance.

There was also the presence of another person inside the elevator car.

It was a female student with a short beige hair color, still on her uniform, telling them that she's been outside since the end of the class.

Ichika, who is quite the friendly and popular one of the quints, greeted the other person who she's acquainted with because of her friend, Ichinose.

“Good evening, Kushida.” she said. “Just done playing with the girls aren't you?”