Didn't see this Coming

“.......I can't believe this…” He hung his head and released a heavy sigh.

He had just been released from the guidance office, in which he met the Director of the School.

The meeting was supposed to be wrapped quickly as all Ayanokouji needs to do is to say yes. Instead, he continues holding his ground, not agreeing to the unreasonable– no, more like —troublesome task that he was given to. This caused the meeting to take almost half an hour to be concluded and both of them missed the opening ceremony.

When he finally agreed to it, albeit being forced to do so, the chairman then dismissed him to the office. But before he leaves the place, the chairman revealed to him that no matter how defiant he is. He will inevitably accept it, as the task is a special exam, itself. A one of a kind exam that only existed in the school.

•••

The only important event that happened earlier then resurfaced.

“Pardon. I don't quite follow.” Ayanokouji cleared his throat then rested his right arm on the back of the chair.

He intensely stared at the chairman's eye, trying to see through the strangers true intentions.

On the other hand, the chairman was not in the least intimidated and still continued wearing that warm smile of his.

Chairman Sakayanagi clearly understood the student's hostility as today was the very first day that he obtained what he longs for. “Freedom”. But it quickly ended as he was suddenly given a task. What's worse is that the person who presented it was someone with a connection to the White Room.

“I ask Kiyotaka-kun to tutor the Nakano siblings so that they won't fail in the upcoming midterm exam.” he speaks in a calm manner, persuading him to agree.

Confirming that what he heard earlier was correct. He tilted his head to the right and had his mouth open.

“...... Nakano siblings? I assume that they are the twins in my class, no?” He then put his other leg on top of the other.

The chairman didn't respond quickly. He casted him a warmer smile than before instead.

“Actually, there are five of them.” he paused. “The other three are in a different class. A quintuplet sister to be exact.”

The unexpected summon to the guidance office, meeting one of his father's past subordinates, then given a task to tutor students which he believes to be a twin but it turns out to be a quintuplet. All of those mentioned causes even the one who is called the masterpiece of the White Room to have a headache all of a sudden.

“.................” He remained staring at the Chairman, still processing the sudden turn of events.

“You see, Kiyotaka-kun. Their father is a huge sponsor in this school. Not directly though, I'm talking about the tax that the government received from the private hospital that he owned.” he paused. After taking a sip of the already lukewarm tea. He continues. “And I appreciate it if you, Kiyotaka-kun, will help his daughters in their studies. If you do well in your task, he may be someone who you can ask for assistance in the future.” He placed the cup to the table then clasped his hands. Telling Ayanokouji ‘So what do you think?’

He couldn't entirely deny that the fruit of all of the hardships that he will soon face, if he accepts the task, is a tempting one. Having a powerful person on his back during the time that he will leave the school is one of the few steps to obtain his desire of total freedom. However, there is a small miscalculation on the other person's part. That is his father is a lot more powerful and influential person than that man.