The Cause and Effect part 2

A cold chilly evening resides the night of Advance Nurturing High School.

In a certain room on the fourth floor of the first year dormitory building.  A couple of papers and pens scattered around the table, with a light pink haired beauty scratching her head from time to time.

Having just finished their dinner, Ayanokouji instantly began the tutoring session, not giving Nino time for a break.

As her eyes slowly read the letters and numbers written on the sheets. Nino subconsciously notices that the other person sitting across from her is not acting as his usual self.

Ayanokouji has somehow kept his distance from Nino since her arrival in his room, only greeting her “good evening'' and simply answering her questions not initiating his own conversation unlike before.

She then cut off from reading and raised her gaze, checking up on him.

Those usually bored hazel brown pairs of eyes grow more alluring than before, but the hint of regret can be sensed on the surface.

It pained her heart.

Ayanokouji rested his chin on his palm, absentmindedly staring at the scattered papers on his desk.

Nino reluctantly opened her mouth, preparing to step inside from another person's boundary..

“Uhm……” but as the first word slipped through her mouth, she quickly changed her mind.

“Yes?”

Hearing a mumble out of the blue from Nino. Ayanokouji snapped back from reality and curiously asked.

“Oh it's nothing, hehe.” she anxiously giggled.

Ayanokouji's brows furrowed, plainfully aware that there was something in Nino's mind that she wanted to tackle.

However, similar to Nino's decision, Ayanokouji didn't inconsiderately pry into her life as he is nothing more than a secret tutor to them.

As long as it won't affect her growth, those are insignificant to him.

Yes, you thought of it right.

Ayanokouji is slowly returning to his real cold hearted self.

He became aware of the subtle changes inside of him.

He felt that he didn't deserve those kinds of warm feelings.

He wanted to change, yes, he badly wanted to turn into a different person from who he previously was.

But the process of his recent changes is the same as he was in the White Room.

Using the other people. Exploiting their weakness. Manipulating them to follow him.

Nothing changes.

Everything is still the same.

Ayanokouji is still the same person as before.

“Uh, finallyyyy,” —  She dropped her face to the table. — “I'm done.”

Ayanokouji then took the paper that Nino handed to him and began checking it.

Nino slightly raised her face, peeking at Ayanokouji while pouting.

She was impatiently waiting for his usual head pat but unfortunately, she didn't receive it today.

“Well done.”

He handed her the check sheet back and found that she made fewer mistakes than before.

Nino smiles, feeling proud in noticing her self growth under his care.

Still, she couldn't simply ignore his indifferent attitude lately.