Please Stop Bothering Me pt 1

Shades of brown strands dance by the passing wind from the boy who rested his back against the steel railings, without a care of the world. Ayanokouji with his head raised and eyes closed basked from the direct sunlight, like a statue, immersed in the short peace. 

Beside the closed door of the rooftop, a girl with long black hair leaned her back to the wall.

Her usual stern eyes were nowhere to be found in those attractive features, only a small trace of sadness.
Horikita had her arms crossed and continued sighing, looking at the nonchalant figure of Ayanokouji.

“You should leave, Horikita. I don't want you to blame me for breaking your perfect attendance.”

“I’m not that petty… I understand your annoyance, Ayanokouji-kun, and I also feel the same because they failed to see the big picture, but refrain from taunting everyone even if you have the reason for doing it.”

“I insulted them because I found them annoying. Nothing else.”

“Sigh, you're usually frank but tend to hide the true meaning in those uncouth words of yours. You're trying to help them in your own ways, Ayanokouji-kun.”

“Can you stop putting meaning in all my actions.” he looked at her directly, a bit annoyed.

She shook her head after having witnessed his childish behavior.

“Also–” “Sigh,” – he groaned as he raised his head to the sky again. – “I don't know what type of martial arts you trained, but fighting against Sudou-kun and Koenji-kun at the same time is good as defeat.”

“They are not a match to me.”

He answered without a bit of hesitation. Horikita was surprised by the confidence that Ayanokouji had shown but felt a slight unease since overconfidence and arrogance are spelled the same.

“If you say so… just as much as possible stay away from trouble.”

“You’re not my mother.”

“Sigh, seeing how childish you are acting right now, I might take the role of a mother.”

“Fuck off, Horikita.”

This kid.’

“Feel free to skip the entire class if you're still not feeling it. And if you want someone to talk with, just approach me.” she turned her back and opened the door.

“You changed.” Ayanokouji said, still staring at the blue sky.

Horikita didn't answer. She closed the door of the rooftop and descended the stairs in total silence.

•••

Today’s class ended, Ayanokouji really skipped the rest of the morning class and showed himself in the afternoon. His classmates were also no better, the short argument had ended the moment he left earlier but they still sent some casual glare at him, although he didn't care.

Hirata and the others, who decided to help look for a witness in Sudou's case, immediately went into action and dispersed throughout the school.

They all made four groups and each had their leaders; Hirata, Kushida, Mii-chan and Shinohara.

As for the others, they all went into their own personal business.

Ayanokouji in his casual clothes strolled around the Keyaki Mall without any particular place in mind.

He passed by one of the boutique shops in the building and went inside. Those pairs of hazel brown eyes scanned the line of clothes while he wandered around the store.